That the Rockies website would be prepared for the influx of customers hoping for World Series tickets that went on sale today, but no. Their server crashed. And I've been trying all day to get some tickets. Whats a girl gotta do? Since I'm sitting here on the computer I thought I would blog some thoughts. Did I mention I'm trying to get tickets to the World Series? The World Series that the Colorado Rockies are playing in? Exciting stuff.
Warning: This post contains gushy and lovey dovey gratitude to my dear, sweet hubby. If you're not up for the love, don't keep reading.
So, I love my husband. For reasons why, click here. And to add to that list let me tell you about my day yesterday. No, it starts before that. Let's start on Thursday.
Thursday night some girls were headin to Chili's for a GNO (girls night out) and I HAD to get to Toys R Us to hit the Little Tykes sale, so Tyler graciously let me go while he put the kids to bed so I could still make it to Chilis to have some girl time.
Then, Friday I had volunteered to help with TOFW and had to leave at 3:30. He got home, helped me pick an outfit and spent the evening alone with the kids so I could do my own thing. I got home at 10:30. The house was picked up, dishes done, floor swept... what more could a girl ask for?
THEN, Saturday was more TOFW stuff and I had to leave at 6 am. Tyler not only spent the whole day with the kids, but he got up with me to clean out his car for the girls I was carpooling with and made me a mug of hot cocoa. While I was out, he vacuumed and cleaned the inside of the van and kept the house as spotless as it was when I got home the night before.
Now here's the icing on the cake. Sunday was my birthday. After having the weekend off from mommydom I got to sleep in. After waking up, my dear husband had the presence of mind to tell me, "I feel I better warn you that pictures will be taken at breakfast." When I went downstairs, presents and cards were signed, wrapped, and on the table. I got my fav breakfast (biscuits and gravy, yum) and preceded for the remainder of the day to be as lazy as I wanted. I didn't have to lift a finger. Daddy did the baths, Daddy did the feeding, Daddy dressed everyone for church (I did do Lainey's hair, Daddy isn't that good), Daddy did the dishes, Daddy brushed the snow of my car before I left (I had a meeting so he went out in the falling snow to clear my car for me), Daddy took Brady for almost all of church, Daddy made a birthday cake, Daddy made dinner, Daddy invited friends over, Daddy put Brady to bed (and would've put Lainey down too, but I wanted to), Daddy did it all. I felt like a queen.
3 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment