Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Happenings!

A few thoughts this Halloween afternoon:
  • In keeping with this holiday season, gotta tell you that I just finished Eclipse from this series. Very good. Cannot wait for the next one. One of my Mia Maids brought me Eclipse on Sunday after I complained that I was still #29 on the library waiting list. I didn't even ask to borrow it. She just brought it for me. So sweet! They made shirts for Halloween that said "Sorry Bella..." (front) "Edward bit me first" (back). So cute. I love those girls!
  • The weather is crazy here. Monday- high of 70. Tuesday- high of 73. Wednesday (Halloween)- high of 50!!!! And tonight is suppose to get down to 20. Luckily, Lainey has a warm costume and she's only 3 and will not be trick or treating long. (Thanks for picking up the costume, Aunt Betsy!)
  • I just realized we've snapped 297 pictures this month. Thank heavens for the digital age. What would I have spent to develop that many pictures 10 years ago? At least a small fortune.
  • After Lainey's 5:40 wake up call on Sunday we put a clock in her room and covered the last two numbers. She isn't suppose to get out of bed until she sees a 7. So far it's worked like a charm. We'll see how long it lasts. And I guess that doesn't really mean that she is sleeping till 7, which is actually what I want.
  • Please don't mention the Rockies' crushing defeat to Tyler. They had a great run, sweeping every post-season game but the World Series. Unfortunately, their humiliating defeat is all Tyler sees at the moment. It'll pass! (You probably shouldn't mention the Broncos either....)
  • It's suppose to be quiet time at our house right now, but neither of the rugrats are actually being quiet. Ggrrr. It'll make for a long night!
  • In a momentous Martha Stewart moment, I decided to try a unique way to decorate my pumpkin. Here are some pics of our pumpkin carving night.


  • Yes, that's a drill. I drilled holes in my pumpkin. After I painted stripes on it. Tip: Use a large drill bit. Mine was too small, the light hardly shines through at all.

The finished product.

  • This cute boy had an occupational therapist and a speech therapist play with him all morning. He's in the 5th percentile in his gross motor skills and 5th percentile for his expressive language. Fine motor skills are at the 67th percentile, which is great. So we get to start some physical and speech therapy, which will take up some of my mornings for a while. I was kinda hoping that we wouldn't need it, but his 'muscle tone' is low. (mostly putting this in for you, Gabrielle, since you know all about this and have helped me understand stuff!)

  • He got to wear his costume to our ward party last night, didn't think the hat was too great, but he was so cute. I hope I get some cuter pictures tonight! He gets to go to nursery a week from Sunday. Mom is SssSSoOOoO happy!
  • Speaking of the ward party, Lainey has decided to change our names, or at least everyone else's. Tyler cannot be called Daddy, his name is Cowboy. Brady is not Brady, duh! He's Elephant. Get it right, Mom. Lainey is Care Bear, she won't answer to Lainey anymore. And Mom is... Mom.
  • I wanted to do a post about how awesome my birthday was, but it's past and I've run out of time. Can I just say that my hubster is a superstar? I didn't lift a finger all day. Literally. It was great. Thanks, babe! I love you! He always makes me feel like I stink in the birthday department because mine are always SO AWESOME!
  • Took this picture this weekend. It was so funny. Lainey was vacuuming the family room and she picked up Daddy's shoes to make sure she vacuumed under them. It was adorable. I must be doing something right if, by age three, she knows to vacuum under things.

  • After my Thanksgiving plea, I might not have roped anyone in for this year, but next year we'll be having a party! Thanks for all the love!
  • I'm already writing my Christmas letter in my head. Is that sick or what?
  • We hit our 1 year mark in this house. It feels good. Dang good. Here's to many more!
  • I can't believe tomorrow is November. Where has 2007 gone? Time is just flying by. Which is why I better quit typing this random list of nonsense and get to the housework! But before I go, as an adieu to fall, enjoy these leaf playing in pictures of Tyler and Lainey!




5 comments:

Megan said...

Wow -thanks for all the updates!! Love the YW t-shirts! I want one! :)

We have a clock in Porter's room too, but his rule is 6am and he ALWAYS opens his door by then. I'm so tempted to say 7am, but I know he would be awake in there for a long time. Now that it's dark until after 6 - I'm tempted to take it out and tell him to wait until it gets light, but he's been up the past week at 5:09, 5:28, etc and actually getting up to watch TV - so I don't really want him to be the judge of when it's light out! :) Hope it helps Lainey!

Shannon B said...

Fun news!!! Love the cute pumpkin...you are quite ambitious. Man I will never complain again. My kids get up at like 7:30 everyday (sometimes later). I need to start reading the rest of the Stephanie Meyer books! I have been too busy lately, but soon! That is crazy they they can tell that Brady already needs speech therapy! I didn't know there were any problems. Does he talk yet? It is pretty cool that they can detect things like that soooo early! I will quite rambling now. CUTE post!

Karalenn Hippen said...

What cute pictures. I loved those books too. Last May a group of 7 girls and I went to the Eclipse Prom in AZ and had a BLAST. I wrote about it here

http://nerd-bucket.blogspot.com/2007/05/girls-weekend.html

Megan said...

Love all of the updates. I tried the same pumpkin 2 years ago(gotta love Martha) and had the same prblem as you...drill bit was too small. Maybe I'll do it another year. And I want an Edward shirt too! Such a fun idea. Loved all of the pictures. :)

jeanine said...

Loved those pictures! How fun...
And glad that you liked the Twilight series... we'll have to discuss...