Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Baseball Fever!


THE ROCKIES ARE OFFICIALLY IN THE PLAYOFFS!


WAHOO!


They played a tie-breaker game against the San Diego Padres to see who got the wild card, and we won! Tyler went. It was intense. The score was 9-8, but it went to 13 innings! I've never been a bigger baseball fan than I am right now in this moment. A few fun facts:



  • This only the 2nd time the Rockies have ever gone to the playoffs.

  • Last nights tie breaker game was only the 7th in MLB history.

  • The Rockies have won 14 of the last 15 games. Incredible.

  • They had to use 9 relief pitchers to pull out the win and were facing the best starting pitcher in the National League.

I heard fireworks last night, and turned the news on to see if they were celebrating a Rockies win. Tyler won't like me saying this, but I'm gonna do it anyways. They'll be the underdog, but I've always liked underdogs, so


GO ROCKIES!

14 comments:

Megan said...

Are they in the same league as the Diamondbacks? I heard they were in the playoffs too - but I don't know what league they are in!

Megan said...

I just heard on the news that the D-Backs are playing the Cubs...not the Rockies. :)

lori said...

ha ha! How fun! I feel like a slightly more educated non-sports person for reading this post! Enjoy the excitement!

shannon j said...

Oh go baseball teams....too bad the Mariners couldn't pull it off this year. But go Rockies and Diamondbacks.

Megan said...

Woot!

jeanine said...

how fun... how close are you to the stadium that you could hear the fireworks?!

Carrie said...

Jeanine, We don't live close to the stadium, it was some random fan that lives the next street over.

Megan, did the D-Backs win?

Tyler Miller said...

The Rockies and D-backs are in the same league. The Rockies are not the underdogs, and if the rockies win against Philly and The D-backs win against the cubs, they will play eachother in the NLCS (National League Championship Series)

Anonymous said...

D-backs won. And they will again tonight.

/crossesfingers

Megan said...

Thanks for the clarifation Tyler. I thought they might be it the same league, since I don't remember either playing the Mariners. James' boss has awesome seats, right behind the D-backs dug out like 5 rows up - but that doesn't mean they'll get play off tickets. But it's always fun to go to those games!

And what does Woot mean? I've seen it used in another place a lot but in different context. Just curious.

Megan said...

It's like Woohoo!!

Megan said...

So the D-backs won!! They are just waiting for the Rockies or Phillies to win and come play us this weekend! It's very exciting around here.

Carrie said...

I hope this doesn't mean that we will be at odds with the Rockies playing the D-backs...especially when the Rockies win.

Megan said...

Nope - I'm still a true blue Mariner's fan....but we aren't die hard anything really. :) Of course I'll be rooting for the home team!