Friday, October 26, 2007

Whaddya think?

This new design seriously took hours. (I am computer and Photoshop illiterate. It really wan't that complicated, I just don't have any skillz - yes, skills, with a z. Plus this is design #2 cuz the first one I made me wanna puke. See, I don't got any skillz. I did, however, figure out how to find HTML codes for more background colors than blogger offers, so that's something.) PLEASE leave a comment and tell me what you think. I'm not a graphic designer, so if it doesn't look right, I'd love your ideas. (does it make your eyes hurt? is the text color not quite right??)

And then answer me this: Who said this lovely quote ? (Lori and Jeanine, I'm sure you'll get it!)

“[Homemaking] is surely in reality the most important work in the world. What do ships, railways, mines, cars, government, etc. exist for except that people may be fed, warmed, and safe in their own homes?….[The homemaker’s] job is one for which all others exist.”


We make the world go round, ladies!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks very fallish! Very nice. Is there any way to make your stuff on the right side a different color then your main blog?? Just curious, cause it would stand out more versus blending in. I like your main stuff the color it is!

Humm, I knew we were important in the big scheme of thing (i.e. mothers.) Wink! Wink! Read the book I recommended yet?? I Am A Mother?? Gabrielle

Megan said...

I like it!! I want my blog to be craftsy cute like that!! It's super cute! Although, something needs to be a little darker, the background or the font maybe.

Steven said...

Yep, love it. I agree the font could be a little darker. I am so impressed that you figured out how to do that!! EEWWWW you're a coder :) Steven will me impressed. - Tammy

Carrie said...

Okay, I darked the fonts. The header limits my background choice options, its either blue or red and the red is a bit much for me. Hope it isn't too hard to read, thanks for the input, keep it comin if you haven't posted your comments yet!

Megan said...

Much better...it was cute the first time, but the contrast is softer on the eyes. I love it....very cute!!

Carrie said...

I 'darked' the fonts??? What is wrong with my English??? I darkened the fonts....

Dnnr said...

Carrie, looks great. The title image is awesome.

Minor improvements - darker text, and perhaps a white background and different colored background for the side bar. Great start, though!

jeanine said...

First off I have to say that i love the new blog... you need to teach me how to make mine so cute!
Second... my mind drew a blank as to who said that quote... too much pressure!!! I love that quote though :)

Shannon B said...

I like it too!! Mine is in need of a face lift too!

Carrie said...

The quote is from

CS LEWIS!

In case anyone was wondering...

which you probably weren't but there ya go anyways.

jeanine said...

Ah yes... thank you!!! I LOVE C.S. Lewis!

lori said...

I'm too late!!! Good old C. S. Lewis! I need to hang that quote up somewhere on my fridge so I start being a nicer mom!!

And my dear, the blog looks FABULOUS! I'm excedingly impressed!!

I occassionally play around with mine but I always end up just bagging the whole project! Way to go!! Very unique. Very cool. Very you. Love it!

Megan said...

Ohhh I love it. It makes me want to redo mine. I worked on mine for such a long time (and got so super frustrated)that I finally gave up and did the simple one I have now. I might have to try again.

Krisser said...

It looks beautiful! I just have to say that I found your blog through my sisters, and I love the way you write Carrie, you're so entertaining, and I love your point of view on things.