Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Where have I been, you say?

Reading this:



After a bajillion recommendations to read this book, I finally caved. There are vampires, weird. It is young adult lit, immature. And it's written by an LDS woman, never a good sign. (meaning that generally talent isn't as great in the literary field as you would hope amongst those of our faith.)Before I even turn page one, its got three strikes against it.

But I'm an adult.

I can admit when I'm wrong.

I was wrong about this book.

Very, very wrong.

It was SssSsoOOoO good! And even better, it took place in my homestate of Washington. Even if the story is juvenile, its so well written that you forget your reading about a girl's high school experience. The story is gripping and just complex enough without overdoing it. And who doesn't love a great love story? And now I wait. I'm dying for the next book, but I'm number 20 on the library waiting list. Will Edward give in to Bella? Will they be together forever? Because right now, that's what I'm honestly hoping for. Kinda sick and twisted, eh?

9 comments:

Shannon B said...

Carrie!!!!! I have heard so much about these books too and have been a little skeptical. Now that you say you like them, I will give them a try. I trust your taste!! Thanks for your opinion!!!!!

jeanine said...

Ooo. I'm excited that you are reading these and like them... After you finish with Eclipse then we'll have to talk!

Megan said...

Yay!! I'm so glad you caved. SO worth it! I love that book. I'm also on the library waiting list for the next book but they just emailed me so I think I'm going tomorrow. :) And Shan B.: Go get it! Now! :)

Megan said...

I think I'm going to buy it. I'm like #80 on the waiting list. And since it's in paperback. I just have to wait until school starts back up so I can shop w/out Porter. Then I'll put myself on the list for #2!

Carrie said...

Megan B, ask the YW in your ward, one of them will have it. Thats where I got the first one.

Shan B. you have no idea what a compliement it is for you to say you trust my taste. I often think my literary tastes are wierd.... hee hee. Thanks!

Megan said...

no kidding - I should. The girl who babysits for us is the first person whoever told me about it. I'd never heard of it before. I should ask her.

Anonymous said...

I think I'll skip it.

lori said...

ha! cracks me up! It's true - EVERYONE is skeptical at first...but, what can I say?! It's a page turner.

I just finished Eclipse last night and am, actually, pretty releived. Way too much of my life has been intertwined with vampires, etc. for the last few months. Back to real life! But oh, what a ride!

Jeanine - we need to discuss Eclipse. Did you like it????!!!!

Enjoy the reading. Kind of fun to be in the middle of a gripping story, eh??

Becca said...

I am reading the second book right now too. I was sceptical at first too. I was told it was a love story with a vampire and I wasn't sure. I really like it though.