After reading this post, I decided to post a modern list of "The Good Wife Guide" that I heard at TOFW this weekend (more on that later) from the illustrious domestic diva Daryl Hoole (that's a woman, crazy name).1. No meals on wheels. (Serve it at the table, eat it at the table)
2. Stop dirt at the door. (Shoes off. Sweep your porch)
3. Don't make 2 jobs out of one. (When cooking, try not to spill, etc.)
4. Clean as you go, wipe as you work, pick up as you pass, put away rather than put it down.
5. Leave any area better than you found it.
6. Clutter attracts clutter- messes multiply.
7. Develop a system rather than conduct a search.
8. Assign a 'home' for everything.
9. Do today's work today. (Who wants to do today's dishes tomorrow?)
10. Skim before you scour.
11. Be prepared.
12. Put the house to bed before you go to bed. An ounce of evening is better than a pound of morning.
13. Keep house, don't just clean house.
14. Revitalize your life be keeping the sabbath. To keep Sunday holy, you've got to keep Saturday hoppin.
15. Develop good habits. Its just 3 weeks to a better me. (21 is how long it takes to form a habit)
And as a side note...
It's snowing in Denver!

And not just a dusting, people. We've got INCHES on the ground and its still falling fast! Yesterday's high- 63. Nice, fall weather. Today's high- 36. Where did fall go?




9 comments:
Oh my goodness!! Snow!! It was 92 here yesterday when we left to go to the pumpkin farm! It gets nice and cool in the evenings and we've had the windows open all morning, but SNOW??? That is CRAZY!! It's not even Halloween! Fun for Lainey!
I like the list - esp #12. I like to go to bed with a clean house, dishes done, etc. so that way I'm not playing catchup in the morning!
I like the updated list much better! I think I can be that kind of a housewife! And SNOW! Yikes! It's been pretty cold in Pullman, but no snow yet and I am happy about that!
Look at that snow!!!!! Lainey is too cute!
We got a pretty decent dumping in UT too!
LOVE these homemaking tips! For real! Thanks for sharing! ISn't it funny how we all KNOW this stuff...but it's still just inspirational to hear it all sucinctly stated and cleverly worded!
I really like the list too...I really need to start doing more on that list. Really, I have been neglecting my house for the last few weeks because I have been busy. That is not an excuse! Also, Aaron stayed home from church today (cuzz Wes has a BAD cold) and when I go home the house was SPIC and SPAN! REALLY! It motivated me to do better. I think he was trying to give me a hint!
Don't freeze there in CO!
Of course I love this kind of stuff...but I thought for sure that when Gabrielle and I read her book you really harassed us. Maybe I am remembering wrong...or maybe you are moving to the dark side!! ~ :) Tammy
Welcome to Colorado weather!!! Who knows, you might just have a 70 degree day tomorrow! But at least you see the sun. I heard we don't see the sun for the whole winter. Enjoy!
Megan, I'd die if it was 92... that's all.
Lori, yes, anything said in a cute way is always easier on the ears. For example, sassy and adult words from my dear daughter- laugh or scold? It's always a difficult choice.
Shan B- we haven't turned our heater on yet, so we just might freeze! Yikes!
Tammy, I'm sure I harassed you. I am rebuked. I am repentant. Although, I'm not going to read a book about it. The one hour lecture proved enough for me to work on in the housekeeping department.
Michal, Yes it'll be 70 later this week. I checked. Yea!
I can't believe you've had so much snow! It's been way too warm here but today is a lot cooler because of some crazy hail/lightening/rain storm that blew in yesterday.
I loved the list as well! I have been really striving to be a better housekeeper!
I wish it wasn't 92, but mid 80s is great for October - I love it. We are in pants, but it doesn't feel like 80 after being in the 110s, it feels great! And perfect for Halloween and trick-or-treating, instead of having to wear coats over your costumes! My kids would love to play in the snow though!
Happy Birthday yesterday - I saw that it was your bday on Taya's blog.
Post a Comment