So, I know you were all amazed at Lainey's artistic talent, but check out the talent that I saw last night by clicking here. A member of our stake owns over 200 original pieces from Old Masters like Rembrandt, Van Leyden, and Drur and put them on display at a Stake Center near us for free. It was amazing. Every piece was a depiction of a biblical story and they are all etchings and engravings. We went with the youth in our ward. I can't tell you how incredible the art was. And to see so many events I've read about my entire life and imagine being there was a spiritual experience. As I looked into Christ's face as He taught Nicodemus, I thought of what the Savior was teaching Him and felt in my heart my own testimony of the ordinance of baptism. I saw Mary and Joseph flee into Egypt with Jesus and sympathized with a mother fearing for her son's life. And as I looked at the various depictions of the Savior's body being taken down from the cross, I remembered the suffering of One so perfect. It was incredible. The art was incredible and the story IS incredible. Thats really all I can say. Take a look at the online exhibit.
PS While I was typing this, Lainey called Jesus on the phone to ask Him if her friend, Thomas, was feeling better yet and could come play.
3 months ago




3 comments:
WOW! How incredible for you to get the chance to see those biblical art masterpieces! I can't believe someone in your stake has such a wonderful private collection!!! I wonder if anyone in my stake has anything worth seeing-hahahaha! That is so awesome and I am very jealous!
LOL - man, even your kids are funny.
That is amazing! What a neat experience... and for FREE. Even better.
ps. Lainy is hilarious!
Post a Comment