So, I'd never buy the new Mac laptop (that's paper thin), or any Mac for that matter, but I sure love their advertising agency that introduces me to such fun new music! Remember this song? Check out the lastest commercial tune by Yael Naim called New Soul.
And for a little anit-ipod literature, check out this article. What was Shannon (the audiologist) always saying about ipods, Gabrielle? 1 in 8... scary statistic.
And if anyone is wondering about booger boy, took him to the doc today, raging ear infection... thank heavens for amoxicillin!




9 comments:
Love that song, very similar to that other one. Ok...Carrie...read the article, it is saying the volume needs to be turned down, which I agree with. Nothing about ipod...besides gym rats need something to lessen the boardom!
i like that song a lot too!! i have seen that comercial on tv... really cute!!! her voice has a nice rasp in it and it makes it sound really sexy.
side note:
macs are sooo expensive and i didn't think i could EVER like anything but a PC until i got a mac.
hee hee... Tammy, I knew someone was gonna say I didn't read the article, but I did, I just chose to take it in an anti ipod way. I don't think I ever used headphones as a child, never had a walkman or a disc man and I have bad hearing anyways. Lainey's already used headphones for various things and I'm sure its totally damaging her ears.
Shan, why do you like your mac so much more than a PC?? Just curious for your opinion!
Love the song and love the commercials too. My favorite Apple commercials are the ones with the people as a Mac and a PC and the Mac is just smack talking the PC. I'm not sure what is better....I just think it's funny. To see what I'm talking about go here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lgzbhEc6VVo
We have both a PC and a Mac, as well as I work on a PC and Mac at work. Honestly, I dont' want to make this a PC VS Mac Post. They are both good at some things, but I don't think that I could ever use a Mac as my main computer. We run Mac OSX and PC Windows XP. I love the commercials, but for the things I do, Mac's just aren't as easy to get things done with.
On the I-Pod deal, I only go to the gym 4 days a week, so I may not be the best to ask, but listening to music on an Ipod is so boring...it makes the work out longer. I would rather listen to the ESPN show or the TV show. Plus I don't like having something blaring into my ears all the time. Maybe for the car, but then again nothing takes the place of some good sports talk radio.
I love that song, infact it's on my blog's music player-hahaha! It was also my myspace song, until I quit myspace.
So, I am not tooooo computer savvy but I think it is just as easy (notice I didn't say EASIER) to use a mac as a PC. I don't necessarily like it better, just really user friendly. I also LOVE that we have a desk top and there is NO tower at all, the whole computer is just the monitor and the keyborard. It really saves space.
It also helps that it looks REALLY sleek (I know I know, it doesn't REALLY matter what it looks like, but it kinda does to this girl!)
There is a learning is curve because there are a little different, so if you can get past that, it rocks (lots of short cuts and all). For the more savvy people, making movies, etc. is cool on mac, but ya know, I never do that kind of thing. All in all they do the same things, it's just a little different approach to it, I also agree that this is a matter of opinion so nobody freak out over this (TYLER MILLER!!!!!)
I'm just surprised you said you'd NEVER by a mac. I don't know . . . I like PCs a lot more just because I'm used to them but I love the MacBook Air. If I was super wealthy, already owned a sweet PC desktop, and traveled a lot, I would definitely pick up a mac book air. Having said that, there are a lot of PC alternatives I found at CNET.com. They all have their pros and cons. The macbook air has a super fast processor for it's size, it's got a 13 inch screen and lightweight. Downsides - Mac OSX (not a bad product but I don't feel like learning a new OS), not a lot of inputs.
Love the song, love my PC. Not because I think Macs are bad but because I love my PC and have no problems and I don't want to learn how to think like a different computer...yeah, I'm lazy...whatchoo gonna do about it?
Post a Comment