
Everyone is posting about Valentine's Day. Weeks ago, I thought of this post idea and thought I was being SO original. Yea, right. Too bad for you. You have to read another V-day post anyways. (Or I guess you could just not read it, if you didn't want to)
I love my funny valentine. He's great. And with each passing Valentine's Day, I love him even more. Time does that to you, I guess... binds us closer and closer with each shared trial, triumph, and experience. And to honor our special day (because let's face it, Valentine's Day is all about me and my sweetheart!) and get some personal history recorded, I found this cute little 'he said/she said' ditty. Do it on your blog, too. I'd love to see what you and your sweetie have to say!
1. Where did you meet your husband/wife?
He said:I like to think we sang and danced in the clouds in Heaven- Feelings of Forever.
She said: He was my boss... my first day on the job, he had called in 'sick' to go snowboarding which according to my new coworkers was a regular occurence. I'm happy to report that he never missed another day of work at that job, and I assume to this day this is because of the cute little number that just got hired.
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband/wife?
He said:I believe I was singing 'Let's Make Love' or it might have been 'Would you like fries with that?'
She said: Seriously, who remembers that stuff? Um, "How do you make a burger?" or maybe, "Let's make some fry sauce." Who knows. I do remember thinking, "How am I ever going to play it cool around such a good looking guy? I'm working with ketchup and ice cream here. I see extremely embarassing moments in my future."
3. Who asked who on the first date?
He said: She wanted me, it was obvious. So I thought I would get the ball rolling.
She said: This is my favorite part of 'our' story. We flirted like crazy for weeks. Seriously, it was disgusting. And SO fun. Ask our coworkers. I think a few of them will admit to puking because of the disgusting-ness of our flirting. Finally, one day my dear hubster, then boss, happened to burn me with a fry basket covered in 400 degree cooking oil. And after an exhausting and futile search for burn cream, he decided that instead he needed to take me to Applebees to make up for the scalding burn on my once perfect arm. (And dear friend who's hair I was suppose to do up for the all important Heritage dance that night, I still feel guilty about my tardiness, but at least I was tardy for something important, like celestial companionship... Wouldn't it be so much harder to forgive me if we hadn't ended up getting married?) To drive home the fact that my arm was painfully burned, he also baked me a cake in the shape of an oven mitt that said 'Sorry I burned your arm' with a depiction of a fry basket to one side. I can just picture all you ladies swooning over the cuteness of my man.
4. What was your first date?
He said: Our life together has really been one long wonderful date that stated by dancing at the Creamery. The “official” first day was doing Carrie’s roommates hair, but they are still waiting for us to get there.
She said: Well, if you don't count Applebees which was more of an apology than a date, I think our first date was dinner at his apartment. He called my parents (stalker-net, for all your friendly stalking needs) and asked them what my favorite meal was. They had no idea I was even dating a guy, so the 'rents must've been pretty shocked. Spagehetti. That was my fav and he made it for me.
5. Where was your first kiss?
He said: On the lips- where should it have been?
She said: Our back stoop at Fugal (anyone who knows Fugal, knows about the back stoop), after a post-Priesthood session bonfire in the Canyon. Chaste and long over due. He must've been scared of me or something.
6. Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
He said:Longer than some…shorter than most. It’s not like we got engaged or married after a week. We waited 3 months to get engaged, and another 2 before getting married.
She said: Short courtship, short engagement. When it's right, it's right. Plus, school only leaves so many windows for weddings. My kids will probably think we're nuts when they hear this story as young adults.
7. Where did you get engaged?
He said: In the land where dreams come true- Trafalga.
She said: Funny story. Trafalga. Photo booth. After some great fun three leg miniature golfing. Easy way to get close to your lady (or man...).
8. Where did you get married?
He said:Under the eyes of heaven- in one of those MINI temples in Spokane, Wa
She said: Spokane Washington LDS Temple. My mom swears we were laughing at each other across the altar, but apparently happy tears can look a little like laughing, I guess. It was a beautiful day, perfect weather, maybe a little hot, but definitely managable.
9. How was the honeymoon?
He said: Wonderful…we went to a place where there was nothing to do, and for the first time in my life we did nothing.
She said: You've been on one. You know. We stayed at a cottage on the beach. It was really fun. That's all you're gettin outta me.
Happy Valentine's Day, LOVERS!




11 comments:
Tyler, you're such a goon!! Happy v-day guys, hope you're doing something fun.
Really bute Carrie. Thanks for sharing your story.. It was really fun to read.
I meant to say "cute" not "bute"
Carrie, I didn't know a lot of your "dating" story...what is wrong with me!!!? REALLY CUTE! I really can't see you and Tyler flirting disgustingly, but I guess maybe back in the day! CUTE post!
Cute! 10 years later - I wonder how much James remembers! I remember it all....
You guys are cute! I loved watching your story unfold. I remember you coming home from every date so upset because he hadn't kissed you yet. I also remember that Lori and I told you that this was a good sign and that you'd marry this boy... Happy Valentine's Day!
ps. Of course I forgive you for going out instead of doing my hair... it's a good thing you married him though :)
Tammy, he is a goon, but a sweet one... last night while I was writing my answers to this upstairs, he was watching the evening news. They said it was suppose to snow all day today, and recommended all males in the Greater Denver area go get their ladies flowers and chocolates tonight, so Tyler sneaks out at 6:30 and gets some... I got him on the way back in... always taken care of me!!!
Megan, make him take the quiz, that'll show ya how much he remembers! It was fun!
Jeanine- Tyler and I both referenced the hair without knowing the other did, that's how guilty we feel....still!!!! Your forgiveness is greatly appreciated.
Holy crap . . . I have never laughed so hard at a blog. Tyler's responses, as well as yours, were hilarious.
Happy Valentines! It was fun reading your story, I remember bits and pieces, so it was cool to walk down memory lane. Hope ya'll are doing good! -Megg from TN
It was original! Nobody ever writes both sides to their love story. Very cute and sweet...and ya gotta love the salker-net-hahahaha!!
I loved this post!! I still remember when we were at Aaron's wedding, walking around the temple and you could NOT stop talking about Tyler. It was so cute!! And the whole drive to get there, crammed in Ian's overstuffed car...party on! And your wedding was so fun - especially the stake dance later that night - you missed out girl. I still have the awesome videos from that night. And going back to your parents' house the next morning to see all of the dessert dishes you'd gotten as presents. Aw I miss you!
Post a Comment