Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Carrie's Rule #5:



Things can always get worse.



Yep, what you are seeing here is a medical oddity. Two, count em, two broken feet.

(Dr. said, "I've never really seen anything like this before." Hmm, is that suppose to make me feel better or something? Because it certainly doesn't make my life for the next 6 weeks any easier knowing that we are unique.)

At least Lainey is enjoying the family's new wheels. She can even get around in it!

Tyler tripped at work on Monday and broke his other foot in the exact same place on his left foot. So we're going to get to park in handicap parking at least till April 7th, I guess that's the upside.

*big sigh*

PS I know, you want to laugh, and go ahead, but please don't tell me you're laughing, because it doesn't seem very funny to me at the moment.

15 comments:

shannon j said...

Oh I am so not laughing! Wow.. I am pretty much speechless. I am so sorry, gosh what a headache. How is Tyler feeling? Poor guy. And poor Mommy Carrie!!

Katie L said...

OH MY GOODNESS! What are the odds of that ever happening, really? I feel so bad for you! It's one thing to get around on one foot, but to have neither feet, that's crazy!

Dnnr said...

W-O-W. Man, get well soon Tyler!

Michal Thompson said...

maybe you weren't giving him enough sympathy so he had to go the extra mile to get it. JK!! If any woman could do it, it would be you. Keep your spirits up, and remember- it could be worse!

Angela said...

Wow Carrie, I mean, what can you say!?! That is unique!! Talk about bad luck. Best of luck to you with holding down the fort. I'll be thinking about you often and remembering no matter how bad things seem for me, you've probably got it worse...lol, that's no consolation is it?

Megan said...

I am so shocked. Girl you need to be calling your relief society because if anyone ever needed some relief...you do. Prayers for the Millers all around. :)

Becca said...

I am sorry. Make sure to ask for help. Get feeling better SOON all of you. We are thinking about you!

Karen said...

Carrie, I'm NOT laughing at you, but I AM laughing at my klutz of a cousin!!! Ha ha! Call him GRACE for me okay?

Boston Family said...

Poor guy! I am so sorry that all of this has happened at once! Two broken feet! We'll be thinking of ya, and hoping for a speedy recovery

Anonymous said...

Wow! Tell Tyler he has our attention. This is the first time the Bybee's have read the Miller blog together!

I hope he recovers quickly.
Gabrielle

Adrienne & Scott said...

Seriously, what are the odds?! I can't believe it! I see patients like that every day and put those stylish boots on them too! Hope he gets better soon and hope you don't go crazy w/o his extra help!

Steven said...

tyler...are you drinking enough milk?? there has to be something seriously wrong with you!! Wow, that really stinks, best of luck guys... let us know if there is anything we can do all these miles away. Steven just said, "didn't he do something to his foot before they moved?"

jeanine said...

Oh Carrie you have got to be kidding! That is just crazy! I hope you guys survive the next 6 weeks!

Shannon B said...

I thought you were joking, but it sure doesn't look like it!!!! YIKES!! I am not laughing either, just shocked...maybe you will laugh in a few years about this!!!! Is he in major pain?

lori said...

Not funny at all! Wes broke his foot once (just one foot!) and I have NEVER seen him in so much pain. So sorry for Ty - and for his good wife who will, doubless, be picking up the slack. Oh, you guys!!