No, not this guy:

But my recipe (but I'm sure we all enjoy his musical stylings, yeah?). I'm sure it's nothing special, but so many requests I thought I'd share!
1 beaten egg (sometimes I make a 1 and 1/2 lb meatloaf, then I use an egg and 1 egg white too)
1 slice of bread crumbs (if you use dry use abt 1/4 c)
1/4 c milk
1/4 c finely chopped onion (here is the happy mistake I made the other day... I had no onion so I used a packet of onion soup mix, whoa it was good!)
1/4 c finely chopped celery (or grn pepper or carrots or mushrooms)
1/2 tsp basil
1 lb ground beef
the second secret ingredient (thanks, Mom for this tip): I add a little pork sausage, maybe like 1/4 of a lb
Mix egg, bread, milk, onion, celery, basil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
Add the beef (and pork) and mix well. I know this is gross, but I've found the only way to really get the sausage mixed in well is by using my hands. Haven't you ever noticed that sausage tends to clump together?
Put in your loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. I put it on a platter and then brush with a couple tablespoons of bbq sauce (I know, its not much, but makes all the difference)
Enjoy, friends!




4 comments:
Mmmm....that sounds good with the onion soup mix! One variation I do sometimes is put it in muffin tins. Then they are mini size and the kids like them like that! Thanks for sharing the recipe! Did you get my email?
Yes, thank you so much!!! I'm hoping to try to make em this weekend. We'll see. Me and yeast aren't the best of friends, so I've gotta work up the courage to bake with it!
ps love the idea about the muffin tin! The edges of the meatloaf are the best part... muffin tin = more edges!
YUM!!! Thank you!!!
Post a Comment