Danner: Hey Lainey, I made you dinner tonight. How do you feel about that?
Lainey: Um. I not sure.
Neither were we, but it was yummy! Thanks Uncle Danner!
Besides my kids cracking me up as usual, it has been a good week. Here's why:
-I read Harry Potter, LOVED it. Harry and I have travelled far together and it is sad our journey has ended, but fear not, Harry! I'll reread you soon!
-I got a piano! Yup, that's right. I'm taking lessons, too! I am SSSOOO excited to finally do something that I've wanted to do for a long time and I'm glad I'm old enough to appreciate it! Best part is that I'm swapping babysitting for the lessons. Gotta love that. (I just found out that I am expected to perform at a recital, though. We'll see if I can weasel out of that... after all, it's not like I'm a STUDENT student, right?)
-My hubby made the kids clean the toy room which was beyond a disaster, thanks sweetie! (now if only I could get him to fold the laundry and clean our room)
- I got to do some service projects this week, always makes things seem brighter, doesn't it?
- I made meatloaf that I personally thought was to die for. Danner or Tyler (and most certainly Lainey) might tell you differently, but I doubt it. I love it when something I cook turns out exceptionally well.
- It's cooled off for a few days and even though one of those days involved an afternoon of monsoon-like conditions and inches of rain in a few hours, I'm more than happy for the temporary reprieve.
Hope everyone else had a great week, too!
5 months ago




6 comments:
Carrie - does Danner live with you guys? I thought maybe he was visiting in one of your last posts...but it's been a while! :)
James' parents gave us their old piano-they bought a grand. I love having it. I need go buy more music, but I love to play primary songs for my kids! Good for you for taking lessons. You'll be so glad you did! I somtimes think I want to take more - cuz I would like be more advanced...maybe one day. There's so many "classes" I want to take! :) More sewing, cooking, etc.
James also read Harry Potter - he finished it early last Sunday morning. After seeing this last movie, it makes me want to read the next couple books to catch up.
I love monsoons too! We've been having them all week. It poured today. But it keeps the temps down to under 80...my van even said 70 at one point today! Gotta love that!
Megan, yes, Danner is living with us this summer. He has an internship here in Denver so he's camped out in our basement. Its been so fun having him around, but he helps us stay up WAY too late...
I'm so jealous of your piano lessons!!! One of these days I'd LOVE to get a piano, refine what little skill i have and learn play better with my left hand.
How fun that you have your brother for the summer!
Oh... and I'd love your meatloaf recipe!!!
Yup - you better share the meatloaf recipe! How exciting to have a new piano!!! I'm am so happy you're doing that! I would LOVE to learn how to play better. Good for you!!
wow, you are my inspiration...I always say that I am too old to learn something new, I know it's never too late but I guess it is my excuse. Sounds like you had a good week!
Yay for your good week! I would love some monsoons!! We got the clouds for it last week (which were probably the ones that caused your's and Megans) but no monsoon... They rolled by in a day.
And I, too, would love the meatlof recipe...yum!
Post a Comment