Thursday, August 23, 2007

Reunions!

So we just went to Tyler's 10 year high school reunion. Tyler got to see old friends and I got to meet some new ones.



Try as I might to get some dirt on the Tyler of yester year, no one would dish. So here is what I know of Tyler's high school days: he took lots of AP classes, lots of art classes, did many different sports, but LOVED soccer. He had long hair for a period of time (hilarious). He was a twig. Yes, I know, anyone who knows Tyler post-mission may find this hard to believe, but its true. He was a domestic diva, helping at home lots. He had quite a few girlfriends, none of which I met, unfortunately (Isn't that why wives attend? To see the folleys of their husbands ways and to prove that of course they are the better woman?).

We also got to see my old friends from our days in a little town called Kuna.
Lainey played with her little boyfriends and I caught up with my best friends. It was so much fun. Thanks, girls!! Here are some more shots of our adventures.

Yes, they naturally posed like this, without prompting. Maybe Lainey and Carter do remember their days playing together!

Chaser! What a babe. His new nickname: California. His hair is so blond he looks tan. What a babe!

Hayden, the heartbreaker. At one point in the adventure, a shirtless Hayden snuggled right up to Lainey and put his arm around her while they were watching a movie. It was adorable. Unfortunately, by the time I quit laughing hysterically, the moment had passed. Maybe this is foreshadowing to the future. A mother can hope, right? Lainey couldn't do better, I'm already sure of it. Hee hee.

Little Natalie. She's changed the most since we moved away. She was only a baby when I left and now she is all girl. And adorable!

And of course we can't forget our fabulous Idaho family. We had a great time chillin with the Millers and ate tons of good food thanks to the talented Marvel! We got to meet new family namely Jody (Tyler's step sister) and their kids and our new nephew, Collin, featured in these pics.

What a hunk of cuteness! And he really is asleep in the top photo. 11 weeks old.

Here's some pics of the rest of the clan. I've got the best in laws- really. I love em! Thanks for making time to see us everyone! We miss Sunday dinners, birthday parties, and all the other family fun that comes with living close.

This is going to have to once again be a two parter, because its nearly 11 and Tyler got us a new mattress today. After sleeping on the one at Papa and Tutu's we couldn't go back to the lumpy, dumpy thing in our room currently, so I gotta go help haul it upstairs and get bedding on it. The Utah portion of our trip coming soon!

6 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Carrie,
Loved your blog. We're famous -- since we made it into your post! :-) We miss you already. We had a great time and loved seeing everyone. We'll have to make these reunions a priority so we can continue to watch the kids grow. When you have a second, be sure to email out the pictures that turned out from our reunion!

jessica said...

Carrie,
This is Jessica (used to be welch) I met you at heather's after the reunion. I just wanted to say that you seem like the happiest most upbeat person. I was reading blogs out of boredom and was glad to stumble across yours. Your positivity oozed out and affected me. Thanks!

Megan said...

Carrie - how fun!! Ian's is this weekend in Arlington, they are flying up today. Welcome back!

Carrie said...

Yes, Gabrielle, you are famous! I'll email the pics. Jessica, thanks for the compliment, can't say that I'm told I'm upbeat too often. You made my day! Thanks and come back anytime!

lori said...

fun, fun, FUN!

Lisa-Marie said...

Carrie,

I found your blog on Jessica's. I went to high school with Tyler as well. He has always been a very kind and good guy. I am also one of Carin Decker's best friends from high school so when I read that you got to eat some of Marvel's great cooking, I was jealous! I enjoy your blog and will keep checkin back!

Lisa-Marie (Bigelow) Jensen