Friday, August 3, 2007

Attitude change...

So I've had a day that could be considered a page out of this book:


I won't go into details, except to say that my day involved letting down a friend and two accidents by two seperate offenders. Much like my friend, Alexander, my bad day was more in relation to my reaction to the no-good things happening. And much like Alexander, I did want to escape to Australia to get away from it all. But I sat down to check my email and found this little tidbit among other lovely things:

"Remember, a good attitude produces good results,
a fair attitude fair results, a poor attitude poor results.
We each shape our own life, and the shape
of it is determined largely by our attitude."
M. Russell Ballard
Ah, what more can I say? Shape up, Carrie! You've got a great life! Luckily you don't have gum in your hair, you didn't trip on a skateboard, you don't have a cavity (that you know of), and you don't HAVE to wear train pajamas. Luckily, your dear, sweet husband said you can go to Old Navy tonight without the kids and fill your stuff-and-save bag, and he is giving you a much needed break to type a ridiculous blog post! Maybe I won't need Australia after all...

8 comments:

shannon j said...

Shopping always seems to make everything much better! I hope it makes your day a little better!

jeanine said...

Oh Carrie... I love this book! Once, at BYU, when I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day I checked this story out from the library to read to my roommates. I love that quote from Elder Ballard! I think I'll type it up to put on my fridge! Thanks.

Megan said...

I hope your bad day was better when you got some time to yourself. I love "mommy" time....and at Old Navy? Can't beat that! :)

wes said...

Oh, Carrie, I love this post! I'm glad to hear that there are other people out there who have bad days and want to move to Austrailia! :)

Thanks for sharing the Elder Ballard quote! I loved that too!

wes said...

that was a lori comment! above - and this too!

Megan said...

Carrie...I so sympathize. Those days are no fun. I hope this week treats you better!!

Carrie said...

Shopping did make my day better... so many GREAT deals! I love Old Navy. I also got a skirt from JCPenneys for 11 big ones. What a steal!

Thanks, everyone, for your sympathy!

Becca said...

I am glad shopping made it better. I love great deals. Yeah for you!