Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Lainey said...

We were in the car driving to an appointment this week. Brady was getting tired and was fussing. I hear Lainey talking to him, and after a few minutes, I tune into what she's saying. Do you think she might have heard this before?


Lainey: Brady, you need to use your words.

Brady: More fussiness

Lainey: No, Brady, those aren't words. You need to say words!

I wish he knew what she meant, too! Although she was pretty bossy, at least I know she hears what I'm sayin sometimes.

6 comments:

Shannon B said...

HAHAHA...that is sooo funny! I am impressed that she remembered that AND she used it in the right context! What a funny gal!

jeanine said...

Too cute! It's always nice to know that kids hear what you tell them! William is into saying "did you do that by yourself mom? GOOD JOB!"

Karalenn Hippen said...

I love it. It's so fun to listen in on kids. It's one of my favorite things actually. I wanted to write a quick note and tell you how fun it was to meet you at the reunion and see you again Tyler. Take care!
~Karalenn

lori said...

Lainey has never heard me talking to Lucy! How could she quote me so precisely!?! :) Love it, love it!! So funny to hear your own words come out of your child's mouth!

Carrie said...

Jeanine, at least William sad something kind. Lainey chose the words I utter in frustration...

Karelenn, it was great to meet you too! Come back anytime, I've wondered to your blog too! (from the reunion site) Fun stuff.

Lori, I'm glad I'm in good company with the whole struggle to use words business, although you would think that an almost 4 year old wouldn't hear her mother tell to use words much.

Megan said...

LOL I swear I say that to Mckenna at LEAST twice a day. Lainey will make a great mom someday. :)