Friday, August 24, 2007

More reunions in Utah!

Just in case anyone was wondering, the new mattress last night was divine! We both slept like rocks. Love it! Part 2 of our trip: The Utah stop. On our way down to Utah we passed Tyler's brother and sister-in-law (Kevin and Kristen) as they were heading to Boise. Grabbed a bite with them and caught up. We haven't seen them in a year! YIPES! Here they are with the kiddos:


Wish we saw you guys more! Then we headed to my sister's house. We stayed with them for a couple of days and got to see my adorable niece, Lucy. What a cutie! We had loads of fun. It doesn't hurt that Betsy is an amazing cook. Wowzer, we ate good. (Betsy, what was the name of that salad we had the first night? Or at least the month it was in Cooking Light and I'll look it up). We went to the park and fed ducks while the boys went fishing. We also checked out the new IKEA, swam at the pool, and visited Tyler's Grandma Dora, whom I adore. Lainey gets confused with the whole Dora the Explorer bit. She was a little disappointed that we weren't visiting the Dora we see regularly in our home via Nickelodeon. The kids didn't last long, but at least we got to introduce Brady to his great grandma!
Lucy and Lainey feeding the ducks. I think Lucy wants to share her bread, eh?

Lainey, don't fall in!!! She had so much fun feeding the ducks. We don't really have a place to do that around here.

Don't know if you can really see it here, and Betsy might not want me to share, but can you see Lucy eating the bread? What you don't know is that she fell and the bread had dirt all over it (the kind of dirt that comes from yucky duck feet, etc. You get the idea?). Betsy explained that the ducks liked the dirty bread anyways, so apparently Lucy thought 'If its good enough for the ducks, its good enough for me!' Hee hee.

Gotta get a shot of Bets in here. Does this not epitomize all we know and love of Betsy or what?

Where you beginning to wonder if Brady was actually there? He's not in any of the pictures I posted before, so I thought I better produce some evidence that he's still alive. What a cutie, eh?

The Millers (plus Lucy) with Grandma Dora. I wish we could've visited longer. I didn't realize just how difficult it would be with the kiddos. We love you, Grandma!

Can you believe they were still smiling after our marathon day of IKEA, Grandma, AND swimming? Lucy cracks me up!

I loved our trip. Was it a lot in six days? For sure. But for once we can say we did everything we wanted to and saw everyone we wanted to see. It's hard not to look back and miss family and friends that we can't see often. I never thought I would be homesick for anyone but my mom. I was wrong. I miss my girlfriends, I miss Tyler's family, and I certainly miss hanging out with my sister. Life goes on, I guess we just have to roll with it. Luckily, I roll easily. And can I just say thank heavens for modern technology? Think about how easily we got to see everyone? What if we had to travel the 850 miles in a wagon? I can guarantee we wouldn't be making that trip often if ever. And the internet! We say it all the time, but I am so happy to be connected to my friends and family through myfamily.com and email and blogging! You are just a click away! Yeah! Anywho, have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy the pictures!

6 comments:

shannon j said...

Oh...so cute!! I want to hang out with my cousins!! We need to have another reunion....since I didn't spend much time at our last :)

jeanine said...

How fun! i'm quite jealous of all your family/friend reunions! And the new mattress sounds dreamy!

lori said...

what happy times! love all of the darling pictures! Fun to see another CUTE little Lucy!!!

Shannon B said...

SOOOOOOOO Fun.. I love that one of Bets! It does say so much about her!! I am so sad I wasn't there to party it up. I am glad you had fun!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

I love reunions!! Family that is. Neither of us went to our 10 year reunions. We just don't keep in touch with any classmates. Our best friends were made in college. I'd go to a freshman dorm reunion in a heartbeat! :)

I have to say that I love Lainey's hair. I love the length and it looks so cute on her. Katie's due for her first real haircut and I'm toying with that length. I just love it!

Cute pics of Betsy and Lucy too. Good to see them! Lucy is so cute - so is Betsy, but Lucy is so grown up! What such a cutie!

Becca said...

Thanks for all the pictures Carrie. I loved them. You made me a little homesick for all the family. I think it is time to take a trip out here, so we can see the cute kids :)