Monday, March 31, 2008

If you have pent up anger...

Go ahead and sock the left side of my mouth as hard as you can. It's totally numb. Top, bottom, tongue, cheek, jaw, and everything in between.

Now that you've released your anger, can we discuss the ridiculousness of dental insurance? Why did I pay 1200 bucks for dental insurance for the last year only to have to pay 370 more to get the work done that I needed? Seriously. Aggravating. Grrr.

And while I'm complaining, my tongue is going to hurt bad when the numbness wears off and I feel the bruise I've caused by accidentally biting it repeatedly.

And I would just like to ask that dentists everywhere pay more attention to their patients' lips. Only half of mine were numb and she kept pushing on my lips or pulling them too hard over my teeth. It hurt. Bad. Dental work has got to be bad for the skin. I shouldn't rub my eyes because that will encourage wrinkles. What about stretching my mouth wide enough for like 3 hands to get in there? Won't that cause a few wrinkles too?

The ironic part of this is that I usually anticipate a horrible experience, but this time I tried going in with a good attitude. Lot of good that did me, 5 cavities later. Hmpf.


I hate dentists.


I hate cavities.


I'm hungry...





PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Floss people! To avoid unwanted wrinkles, bruises, and bills floss daily.

8 comments:

Michal Thompson said...

I need to do a better job of flossing! Connor is great at it. You think it would have rubbed off by now. If it makes you feel better I still have a lip that is half numb from getting my wisdom teeth out in high school! After Dylan's first Dental appointment he asked whenwe could go again! I am glad I haven't given him the wrong idea yet.

Megan said...

Don't get me started on dental insurance! Actually, we pay for the cheap "just for emergencies plan" since the good plan is so expensive, like yours. We just pay cash for everything, since our dentist isn't covered. They give us a discount and we don't get xrays....so I feel your pain. All of it. Hang in there!

Carrie said...

Megan, we won't have dental insurance next year. It would've been cheaper for us to pay everything out of pocket, so yeah, not doing that again.

Katie L said...

I agree with the insurance complaint! -It's horrible!! I hope you don't look like you're 50 now with all the abuse to your lovely, young face!!

Meggan said...

Tooth Trauma! We feel your pain! I hate paying for teeth, and cars. I know it necessary, but that doesn't make writing that check any easier. It's just not fun! Thanks for telling me about you chasing down Lainey. It made me glad to know that someone else has done the dash. I know it's common, but that doesn't make your heart beat any less just thinking about it!

Shannon B said...

Oh I am so sorry Carrie! That stinks, but at least your teeth are all fixed, and you don't have to worry about them for a while right? I always thought that opening your mouth that wide and that long would cause wrinkles too! HA.

jeanine said...

I totally feel your pain! And I know I need to floss better too. I just had two fillings done... not fun. And it just makes you feel so much better when the dentist keeps telling you "I don't know how you got cavities back here. You NEVER see that." Great.

rjzito said...

Carrie, this is Julie (Yarbrough) Zito. I just saw Betsy at walmart a couple weeks ago ( we discovered we only live about 10 min away from each other) and then again at my sister angie's baby shower. She was telling me about you and your beautiful kids! I was doing a little blog surfing and here you are. I am so glad I found you! I would love to hear about your family and what you are up to these days! much love!

Julie(Yarbrough)Zito