Saturday, March 15, 2008

St. Paddy's Limericks


Love a limerick. Here are a few Miller style.

There once was a guy with broken feet.
And as such was getting some heat
From a wife so tired
She didn't care if she was fired
An odd pair if you ever did meet.

There once was a girl with a bob
Who really knew how to sob.
She cried loads and loads
Till her tears turned to toads.
Curiousity brought a mob.


There was a boy near two

Who didn't know to use the loo.

His diapers would sag

Like a big garbage bag

And they stunk to the heavens, too!


We have a love for blarney.
We'd fit right in in Killarney.
We'd drink in a pub
And bath in a tub
And have an uncle called Arnie.


Luck o' the Irish to ye!

Happy St. Pat's Day!
Whip out your own limerick in my lovely comment section, please!

11 comments:

Katie L said...

Brilliant! Those were great! You should make a whole family book of limericks, with the pictures too of course!!

Steven said...

Millers are one of a kind,
although they really don't mind,
when you break your feet & get in a bind,
remember not to eat the melon rind.

Your wife may cry and nag,
but we all know she is best in the bag,
just try not to gag,
when dinner still has the tag!

ha, ha!!! this was really silly and makes no sense. But I hope it brightened your day. Tyler and Carrie, hang in there and remember to smile and laugh when you can. Someone on a little street named Cub loves you very, very much.

he, he...its really late!!

Dnnr said...

I totally forgot Saint Pat,
Don't know where my head's at,
Don't be a hater,
It should be two days later,
So don't blame me for that.

What's with the Catholic church changing it at-will? Oh yeah . . . they invented the holiday . . .

Michal Thompson said...

For your bird problem- There are woodpeckers and owls. My parents have them both. My mom had to hang shiny streamers to scare them off. Good luck!

It is gray again today,
Just like it was yesterday,
We can't go out and play,
And it is NOT okay,

I hope the bunny brings spring,
Then I will start to sing,
And we can really have a spring fling,
Praises we will bring

Emjoy!

Megan said...

Carrie - very cute. I'm way too tired to think of anything fun. But great idea! :) I didn't know they changed the date? Whats up with that?

Carrie said...

LOVED your limericks, friends. Tammy, yours were perfect- they're suppose to be silly! And yes, TODAY is St. Patrick's Day, I was jumping the gun a bit. In Ireland, an Irish Bishop moved it to the 15th because it landed in Holy Week this year, but as far as I know, ours in the states is still today, so WEAR GREEN! Michal, thanks for the tips... although I think both have moved on for now. But I'm glad to know that your parents get both! I'll tell Tyler. And Megan- hope you get some sleep!

Jacob said...

Did you make all those up? If so, that's impressive.

Jacob said...

This one is an ode to The Office, my favorite comedy on TV:

I knew a man who needed a dentist.
So he went to see Doctor Crentist.
And though the man paid him my money
And doc said "stop eating honey"
My friend just had to have it for breakfast.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think your brillance was lost on such a person as Tyler Miller :) Thanks for the laugh. Chris is going to be in Denver the 27th - 30th of this month for a conference and he can't find Tyler's telephone number. Could you email it to me?

rebeccarenberg@gmail.com

Thanks - hang in there, Tyler will heal (eventually)!

Kim said...

Carrie! How are you?? Your family is so adorable! I'm so glad you found me...now we can keep in touch! Hope all is going well and that you're surviving 2 broken legs=)!

Annie and Berkeley said...

I love it! This post was great! Maybe you should look into writing as a career! Your kids are stinking cuties.