On Easter and perfect endings.
Might be about adoption in the beginning, but read it's entirety and you'll find some nuggets of amazing wisdom. I promise.
Letter to you, me, and young moms everywhere.
Don't ask how I came across the last two. I don't even remember. The first is from Pursuits of Happiness, link to the right. I shed a few little tears with each and wanted to lift my dear, sweet friends, if they needed it. Discuss your thoughts, if you wish!
And a little post script...
I love you all. I can't tell you how much I feel loved by your comments from my last post. You are amazing strong and faithful women who inspire me! My husband is also very much in love with you, as well, since you all agreed with him. Only 2 more weeks till the casts come off. I feel like we're on the home stretch! My last word on the subject- I bet if you were here, you'd be able to tell that we're fine. Feeling a bit like I've found strength and patience beyond my own these last 4 weeks. Grateful for prayers on our behalf. We were talking about ancestors and extended family in YWs yesterday and it reminded me that I come from a long line of tough women who have done hard things. In the words of Sister Parkin,
"Life is hard, but you can do hard things."
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier to do,
not that the nature of the thing has changed,
but our capacity to do has increased."




2 comments:
Okay I finally got around to reading all of those. I'd read Lori's of course... perfect. The one on adoption was long but wonderful. I loved what she said about the fourth watch. (Plus I love Br. Wilcox!) I'll have to print that one out to put in my file. And the last one was comforting. It's nice to know that one day it will all be over (a little sad though at the same time) and we will be able to actually get something done! Thanks for those great links Carrie... you are awesome!!!
I think you are a very strong, loving, sweet, spiritual person, and anyone who has ever met you must love you!
Post a Comment