So since we all live on 'planet look at me, look at me' (bonus points if you can name the movie!) let's have another fun post all about ME and a little about you! I've seen this tag or meme going around and I thought it would be fun. Play along and let's let the good times roll.
1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see what people remember about you!
Simple enough, right? So to get you thinking, here are a few ideas.
Adrienne, you could totally write about that one time we went to TP you-know-who's house in the dead of winter while the roads where covered in ice and it was totally NOT safe. We ripped like 10 rolls square by square because its SO much harder to clean up that way. Then we got there and that dog started barking so we threw the big ol' pile of tp in a heap on the lawn and high tailed it outta there. I still laugh about that night.
And Megan, you could totally tell everyone about the time that you and Ian gave me a ride to California... with ALL your stuff. And the fish died... or did he live? I don't remember.
Oh, and Jeanine, you should totally tell everyone about the good times we had dancing on our kitchen table in our apartment with whisks in hand, singing our lungs out. Or the fajita nights, or the 'hump day' breakfasts, or St Paddys day breakfast.
Or maybe Lori should tell about some of those, since she was there, too. But maybe, Lori, you'd rather tell everyone about how you use to wake me up for school (yep, she was a roommate. We were in college. She woke me up for class. Love her.) by singing those adorable songs your mom use to sing to you.
Shan, I'm sure you're going to mention that I played Barbies with you till I was way too old to be playing with them. Or maybe you'd rather tell everyone about all the fun times we had playing dress up with Grandma Banks' old clothes.
And Taya, I know we don't really have any memories together, but just ask your Tyler about some. He could tell you about how he use to try to drown us in his pool. Or about the time he picked me up at a stake dance and swung me around. Embarrassing. To. the. Nth. Degree.
Gabe, I have the perfect picture in my head of standing outside Heidi F.'s house and telling you I was preggers with Brady. You were so happy for me! And watching that scary movie with you. Why did we torture ourselves?
Speaking of having babies, I'll never forget the night I drove you to the hospital, Tammy. Our husbands at the basketball game, and you in labor! And demanding towels to sit on in case your water broke! As if I cared!
And even though you don't comment, Betsy, I think you would tell everyone about the time we hoarded candy for weeks so we'd have a special treat for our drive to Disneyland. Or about all the help you gave me making the cheer squad. One memory I love is working out with you at the Y. I loved going to the stupid gym with you!
Okay, so now that I've got you started, start your typing! I can't wait to see what you remember!
It would be lovely if we could share happy, nice, Carrie-is-super-awesome memories and not those ones that totally demonstrate my ultimate stupidity. But you guys all love me, so I don't have anything to worry about, right?
No, I didn't select who I'd share my own memories about. Just typed the first ones that came to mind. If I didn't single you out, don't worry. It means nothing. Can we still be friends?
3 months ago




15 comments:
Okay Carrie... so singing on the tables was EXACTLY what I was thinking about! Fun days! What good memories.
And writing notes to each other with dry erase markers on our mirrors.
Or me, you and Lori matching all the time--but not on purpose!
What about Lori and I having to tell you that it was okay that Tyler hadn't kissed you yet... and for that reason (with some others of course) he would be the guy you'd marry.
And how about the two of us walking all around Provo in the freezing cold looking at apartments for the next year?
Oooh. And I remember, when I was engaged, bringing Rich over to your place and having a bbq between sessions of General Conference.
Oh this was too much fun. Thanks!
oh man! how funny! we tp-ed like crazy back in the day! haha! i still remember the "Big Butts" video we made at your house when you first moved to Spokane. I can't believe you were still friends with us after seeing how crazy we were! those were definately fun times! hows ellensburg treating you guys?
Memories of Carrie...I remember I got to know you because you would hang out with my roomie Laura lots. You were always really fun to be around, and really funny. One night in particular, I remember going as a big group of Fugal girls to a Preference Dance and we got to ride in limos and horse and carriage from the main building. I think I even borrowed your dress, possibly, I don't know who's it was. It was black with a rainbow strip, and very cool retro. Good times!
"10 things I hate about you"!
I remember when you were brand new to CV, and I had the privilege of interviewing you for the school news show. We mentioned something about you being single and that the boys should line up for you...or something to that effect. And you got so embarrassed and your face changed about 5 different shades of pink and red. Ah, good times!
Interesting what you remember . . . I'd forgotten all about the scary show.
So I actually had a memory about you LAST night at 1 a.m. in the morning. I woke up with major labor pain (it hurt . . . cause that's what woke me up.) I was up with Jayson thinking . . . this is WAY to early. (I'm only 29 weeks.) So I was thinking if I have to go to the hospital who am I going to call?! Who will actually answer their phone at this time in the morning? CARRIE so graciously slept on my couch the last time it was a false alarm.:)
The other vivid memory I have is of us canning peaches! I think that's when we really got to know each other. I mean . . . . hanging out that long . . . . we really talked about anything and everything. I still remember what you were wearing that day. Hair pulled back, blue long sport shorts (Tyler's maybe) and a white t-shirt. It was a sticky mess!
Gabrielle
I love this! Actually my favorite memory happened after the drive to Cali, when we were at the temple waiting and you just could not stop talking about Tyler! But I can't really say that without prefacing it with the drive.
So it basically went like this: Megan, here's my cousin Carrie. You are going to sit on her lap(or did you sit on mine...can't remember) for the next hour while we drive to SLC and drop this stuff in storage. Oh yeah, and you must hold a goldfish and other things. That was funny enough, but once we had a little more wiggle room it was an awesome drive. Remember going over Donner pass?And the, like, 10 feet of snow on each side of the road? And I remember when we drove through Concord and I remember thinking I wanted to live there forever. SO pretty! And Hunk, the goldfish survived the entire trip in a sprite bottle...until we went down to San Diego and the water is chlorinated, so I killed the poor thing.
Great tag, Carrie! Made me miss you!
Oh wait - another memory...Remember when you had Laney and you kept asking me how I made Emma not a momma's girl so she'd happily go from one person to another without screaming? And I said we just made sure she was held by a lot of different people when she was tiny? Yeah...I thought I was a great parent back then. Then Mckenna was born. And she would not go to ANYone...not even Ian sometimes. And not even my mom and sister when we lived with them. Screw my theory about what a great parent I was...but thanks for letting me think it for a little while. :)
Carrie
Different thought . . . hey, I finished Goose Girl and LOVED it. Now I understand the title. Had to read the 2nd book Enna Burning (now understand that title too.) Very good too. Shannon Hale is a great author. Thanks for recommending her to me. Have you read any of her others yet?? I've heard great things about Austenland so I've got that one on hold at the library.
Gabrielle
I remember watching ‘White Christmas’ over and over again. I also remember modifying the song ‘Sisters’ to ‘Cousins’ and we would pretend we were doing the dance like on the movie.
alright Carrie, one of my first memories of you is when we went pajama shopping at old navy because you were coming to David's wedding and you wanted to have nice modest jammies. That was fun.
I also remember riding back from that wedding with you and Tyler and Tyler told me at one of the gas stations that he was going to marry you.
I remember painting your apartment in Provo. That was fun. OR when you brought me some creamery ice-cream because I was having a bad day.
Fun times. Oh, the movie is 10 things I hate about you!
Oh... or what about borrowing Cody's car to go bird watching for my nature class? Do you remember that?
Oh, it's hard to pick just one! I love all the memories you and Jeanine wrote about! Wasn't it you that walked into our Fugal hall kitchen, got out a piece of celery, saying something like, "did you know you burn more calories eating a piece of celery than gain from it?!" Then after a few minutes of crunching you called from down the hall, "I hate celery."
I remember the fun desserts you'd make on Sunday night. And I remember you bustling in and out of the apartment in your big blue coat with your big beautiful smile. And I remember setting up our "stadium seating" in the kitchen before buddy ball.
Um. Didn't we just have such fun times??! Yes. We did.
Yes Lori it WAS Carrie who declared "I hate celery." And buddy ball... sigh. We did have some great times.
um the movie is ten things i hate about you. one of the best movies ever.
Carrie, I remember loading into the van and going out to pick peaches. Then when we got there, we picked and picked and picked so many peaches and there wasn't room for them in the van. Luckily the Cook's had their trailer there and let us load our peaches on their trailer.
And when we would go to the Scrapbooking sale at the fairgrounds. Oh I miss those sales.
And when we would get together on Tuesday afternoons to Scrapbook.
And I remember forcing you to ride home from church with us so Tyler wouldn't come get you, (for reasons not published in this memory).
And I remember our late night walks and talks with the girls.
There are so many memories. It sure seems strange that we lived in Kuna for only 11 months. It seems like it was for years judging on what good friends I made there.
Post a Comment