Everyone's doing it, since we're new to the 'Burg. The bishop stopped by, the Relief Society president (nope, not in need of any relief, please look up all terminology you don't understand here), the EQP, the neighbors, our landlord, the Emergency Preparedness Committee (no kidding. . . twice). All unannounced. Except the RS and the EPC.
The thing is, if you do happen to knock on our door- and see through the huge window on said door-, you'll see a bunch of clothing scattered on our floor, and you might assume that you are visiting the 'Burg's newest nudist colony.
No, of course we aren't naked! Just thoroughly enjoying our 30" deep pool (I know... deep, right?) and the warm weather. Who knew 30" of water could provide such relief on a warm summer day? We (and by we, I mean my children) like to strip down and dress in our swimsuits right by the back door, which happens to be visible from the front door.
But back to your impromptu visit. Even though we aren't nudists, we probably still won't answer the door. Because a) the clothes scattered means we're outside in the pool and can't hear you, and 2) that means we're in suits, and there ain't no way I'm opening my door while adorned in spandex and nylon even if the tag said it 'takes off inches'. (What I wanna know is where do they go? The inches? If the suit takes them off, where do they go? And with the number of times I've worn that suit, you'd think I'd be whittled away to nothing, since all those inches are coming off, right?)
Of course, after today's romp in the pool...

I might be taking a few days off from the pleasures of our glorious, nearly three feet of water.
Can anyone find a critter that's crispier??
Yes, that's my back. Yes, it's painful. Yes, I'll be using massive amounts of sunscreen next time. No, I obviously didn't learn anything from the sun burnt summers of my childhood or the numerous 'Today Show' segments on skin cancer. Yes, the kids were wearing sunscreen and are totally fine.
So actually, stop on by. I'll be fully clothed until my skin looks more like the cool whip than the jam from my last post.
PS Can you believe I have an almost topless picture of myself on the Internet?
PSS Oh no!!! Here come the crazies. The word 'topless' is content on my blog.




14 comments:
That is hilarious! Good luck with the recovery of the burn!It's never fun. You always write in a very entertaining way! Love it!
Carrie, you write the funniest posts of all of the blogging world! I love reading your blog!
Now, I'm pretty sure the missing inches are just added on to your body where the suit doesn't cover(legs, arms, etc...)-haha! Yikes about the sunburn! My scalp is burnt right now and all blistered too....NOT FUN!
OWWWWWW Carrie!!!! That looks painful! Is that burn all over your body or just your back? I still haven't learned my lesson about sun screen either! So has the wind stopped blowing so it is warm enough to go in the pool?
PS Did I leave my sunglasses there? Can't find them!
Alright! I was googling topless because I wanted to see some of that and came here. Lookin' good! :) I'm totally kidding. I was remembering a post you made a super long time ago back when I blog hopped all the time and life was normal (it's been crazy, but we wrote about that on our family blog-not nerdbucket) ANyway, you were going on vacation but said you may have exciting news when you get back. Well I just remembered that and tried to come back to find out your news, but it's a new blog with no said news from what I can see. So... Just curious. Oh man- maybe it was that you were moving. duh! I'm silly. btw- my back and yours are matchy-matchy. I did wear sun block, but it was my first time being able to leave the house all summer and I sat with my legs in a swimming pool yesterday. I guess I loved it way too much being in the sun and couldn't get myself to leave for hours and hours. Pretty dumb.
Oh Carrie you are hilarious! We went to the beach last week and William's back ended up looking like that... even though he had sunscreen on... poor boy!
Love you! Sorry about your burn!! You're right, I DO talk fast!!!
I think my chest after San Diego might be able to beat you...at least match. Looks like we really are sisters.
Oooooh, that is SO funny but what a horrible burn! Two summers ago I got the worst sunburn of my life, and I was even redder than that. It was so painful! I hope you're still having fun, even with that burn. The pool sounds great, and I love the funny way you describe everything in this post.
I just found your blog and you are very funny. My little girl has been very fussy and I just finally threw my hands in the air and said I give up. I am going to go read some blogs. I found your blog and had a good laugh and for that I am thankful! :-)
Ouch! That burn looks nasty. I had a dream last night that I was sunburned and when I woke up I was moving really carefully as not to hurt my sunburned skin. It took me a few seconds to realize it was a dream and that I was not really sunburned.
Love it! Love it! Love it! Your posts always seems to enlighten, entertain, and amuse!!
Wow . . . what a great ward. They are so fast to visit!
I'm glad you are finding ways to fill up your time!
I think the sunburns much faster then it did when I was a kid. Ouch!
Hey I've been thinking of you a lot because I processed 42 lbs of strawberries and 2 flats of raspberries this week!
How much of your 50+ pds did you and Tyler keep?? Jayson's convinced we have a two year supply versus 1 year!
Also Goosegirls is waiting for me at the library. Am I going to like it??
Gabrielle
ouch...oh and maybe your ward read your last post about making friends!
I am so sorry about the sunburn. IT looks so painful. I am glad you hear you and the kids are enjoying your pool though. It sounds like a lot of fun.
oh no! I had a minimal sunburn last week that reminded me how much I hate sunburns. Yours takes the cake, my dear! Hope you're healing!
And hope you're settling into the new location nicely! Wish we could come knock on your door!
Love your fun posts, friend!
Post a Comment