charming and quaint. It's quiet, relaxing, unstressful. Peaceful. Lovely.
And in some moments very boring. Especially when you don't know many people (btw, sorry about the whining in my last post. My attempt at humor came off more as self pity. Totally not intended. But thanks for the love!)
Which is why we are so grateful to have family sorta close to come and celebrate holidays and birthdays, to hang out with, to go fishing with, and to help make jam with. I bought 56 lbs of strawberries a day before a national holiday. Yes, I'm crazy. Yes, you love me. Maybe a little more than Shan and Mom do since they had to help me figure out what to do with all those strawberries. We had a fun 4th with my parents, brother, and brother and sis-in-law and crew. The newspaper put on the 'main event' here in the Burg so Tyler was busy. I'm so glad my family came otherwise the kids and I probably would've stayed home and gone to bed early. Minus the wind (that was very chilly), it was a great small town 4th celebration and small town 4ths are my favorite kind.
Another method to beat the boredom in our small town is our new pool. Just a cheap above ground thing, but so fun. In Colorado we had access to lots of great pools through our HOA, but we are on our own here, so we took matters into our own hands and got one that's the perfect size for our kids.
We've been finding ways to keep busy. Hope you all had a great holiday weekend, too.
Here's to the
red

glorious, worked-hard-for, yummy red of 8 batches of strawberry jam
white

this is a representation of ALL the yummy food consumed. Pancakes made by Dad- the only kind I'll eat- with cool whip and berries. Yum.
and
blue
of our holiday weekend.




7 comments:
Very cute! I'm sure your kids are just loving their pool!
Gabrielle
WAAY cute, I love how the red white and blue turned out!! VERY festive! Thanks again for the AWESOME company and the partying that went on for the weekend! SOOOOOO glad we live close (it only took 2 1/2 hrs to get home). I will email pics soon!
What a fun 4th! Your strawberry jam looks mouth watering. I have to admit I am a sucker when it comes to homemade jam of any kind, so you picture was tantalizing! I'm glad things are going well in the new town and I am sure friends will be coming out of the wood works. I mean, really, who dosn't love Carrie?
It looks like ya'll are doing great. Jam, pancakes, and pools. Doesn't get much better than that for a holiday! Congrats on the move. At least you are closer to family. That always helps to have them around.
Yea! Glad you had a fun fourth and that your fam could be there!
Smaal towns are the best, in some ways...and the worst, in some ways! I feel your pain, but it would be great to have family near!! Happy 4th of July!!
I am so glad you had such a great 4th with family. I love the pool...we definently love going swimming too. Sorry ours wasn't open when you came. It is now if you are up for another trip:) The jam looks good...good thing I have made some already or I would be begging you to ship some my way:)
Post a Comment