....Lainey asked for a snack: 10 minutes
....Lainey asked for another snack: 15 minutes
....Mom said, "Pick a lane, honey!": (Tyler, whether or not he cares to admit this, often drifts between lanes): 43 minutes
....we saw wildlife: 47 minutes- Big Horned Sheep. Amazing. I love Colorado. At the 2nd group of Rams that we saw there were tons of photographers with ginormous cameras taking pictures of them. Dad, you would have had to fork over major mula if you played your "Whoever sees a deer gets a dollar" game in Colorado!
....we hit the snow line: 52 minutes
....our first potty break: We made it a little over 2 hours! Go Lainey! (And Mom!)
....we had to bring out the portable DVD player: right after the potty break, but Lainey only watched 1 movie!
....spilled juice: I don't remember, but it happened. A lot.
....Mom got so frustrated we almost turned back: Um. Before we left. But then I guess we wouldn't really be turning back.
....our first 'Are we there yet?': never happened! Well, maybe I said it, but that doesn't count, right?
....we got to our destination: 8 hours 5 minutes
....we were glad we came: the second we stepped out of the car!
Where did we go?
Utah.
Who did we see?
Family.
What did we do?
Lots! We went shopping at the BYU bookstore and got some Cougarwear. Then we saw Laurie and the Marching Band practice. Then we went and visited with Grandma Dora, Craig, Marvel, and Kevin & Kristen. Then we saw Betsy, Dustin and Lucy! Then (Saturday) we went to the BYU Football game against Colorado St. and saw Laurie playin in the Marching Band. Stopped off at Grandma Dora's 90th birthday party and saw Tyler's family then headed to Betsy's to have dinner with Danner, Laurie, and the Hulers.
It was a great day- great ticket price (free), great parking (free), great weather (free), great babysitter (ok, not so free, but really great), great fellow Cougs to cheer with, great family to visit with, great everything! Thanks to all the family who put up with our crazy antics and fed and housed and took care of us whether it be with food, tickets, parking, etc. And thanks to the illustriuous BYU football team for winning! We crammed a lot into a short day and a half, but ultimately the fast pace and craziness was so worth the trip. (Note to all our Utah friends and family we didn't see: We wanted to, really bad. Sorry we didn't have time. We'll catch you (or try to) next time we're in your neck of the woods! Too little time, too many people to see! We love you all!)
3 months ago




4 comments:
OOOHHHHHH WAAAAAY fun!!! I am sooo sad thought that we could not join in on the party!!! Man, all the siblings were there except for us! SAD! I am so glad you guys had fun though! The game sounded good...man you did cram a lot of things into a short time but I LOVE that you did so much!!! Are you all recovered from your trip!?
i mean "THAT" not "thought" I don't really know what the heck is wrong with me.
Sounds like a fun trip! I'm glad you can find the joy in traveling with kids.
Gabrielle
Gabrielle, just don't ask about the drive home. It was a nightmare to say the least.
Post a Comment