I wasn't going to do another one of these till next week, but I learned something very important this week.
Never
Ever
Ever
get strep throat when both your kids have it. It's not fun.
And it gets kinda expensive. It's been a pricey week!
Two copays for the kiddos: $50
Two prescriptions of amoxicilin: $30
One copay for mom: $25 (incidentally, 1st doctor visit for me, besides ob/gyn visits, since Ty and I have been married. So eat that strep throat!)
All the throat comforting food that makes you not necessarily feel better, but makes you feel loved when your hubby brings it home for you: around $20
Mom's prescription: $10
Follow up copays for the kids: another $50
Dinner the night we were sick: Okay, free. Thanks to a thoughtful Relief Society President! Never been one of those families-so-sick-they-need-a-meal families. Kinda nice to be needy for once.
Having modern medicine to make us feel better: priceless. Okay, it was, what, 40 big ones for the drugs, but you get the idea right?
And...
The best diet I've been on in years: priceless. Really and truly I lost at least 5 pounds, what with not eating for 3 days and having no stomach large enough to consume much after that anyway.
And let's just talk for a sec about the birthday party I threw for Lainey a mere 36 hours after starting the antibiotics!
Anti bacterial wipes, so no one got strep from us: $4 (and surprisingly, none of the other moms thought it was a big issue, our major illness)
Cake, food, drinks, goodies: $20
Decorations: $20
Crafts: $18
Invitations: (okay, those were cheap)$.80
Gifts from Mom, Dad, and Brady: $40 (and she liked Grandma's gift loads better...)
Having a celebrated-in-style-newly-four little girl: priceless!
I'm crazy, I know. And you should've seen the party! Heard at the party:
"This is the best birthday party ever!" I wanted to kiss that girl! Made my day. I didn't, of course. Because of the strep. But I wanted to!
"Sister Miller, you're so fun!" I did hug that girl. Too cute! And what a major compliment from a 4 year old. Really.
But more on that later. . .with pictures.
Last 2 thoughts: what is with me and ellipses?.... anyone got any ideas? I don't even know if I do them right! Don't correct me if I don't. And what's with the hyphens in this random post?
So really, 3 'last' thoughts...can I just say to all you lovely long lost friends, HELLO! I've responded to your comments, but I'm not sure if you saw them. If you have a blog or an email address, leave it so I can see what you are up to!
3 months ago




4 comments:
Ugh - that's no fun when Mom is sick too! Can't we take a day off of work??
We had a crazy week too - James had to go see a specialist about his foot last week($50 specialist copay) plus the med he needed you couldn't just get at Walgreens, so I had to go to an Apothocary shop and it was cheaper to pay cash than our insurance price. Then I took Porter in who has had a cold for 3 weeks and ended up bringing home 3 prescriptions for him! So much for just a cold! And only one was the Tier 1 $10 antibiotic. Then I had to refill another script for James that he was out of (allergy or something) that was $50 (no generics on that one!). When I got home last night, I told him I was good until the end of the year at the pharmacy!
I hope you all are feeling better now with meds. Strep throat is awful. Were you feeling better by party time??
Glad that everyone is feeling better... and way to go with the party! I can't wait to see pictures!
Hi Carrie,
Sorry about a household of strep throat. What a bummer. We do have a blog, you should check it out. It's easier than updating you in a comment. I'm happy you saw my comment! Keep the Carrie coming!
Love-Marianne
Carrie,
Remember our long phone conversation last week . . . Thursday I think.
Anyhow on Friday I wasn't feeling to hot (Chase either). Come Sunday Jayson decideds to do strep cultures on the family! Guess what!?
I was positive! I told Jayson I must have got it via the phone lines. Luckily the test was free (a plus having a husband in health care) and perscription $6.
Finally a plus for being a Bybee . . . . since we know nothing about anything else.
Gabrielle
Post a Comment