Friday, July 20, 2007

For hire...

Thats right. I'm looking for gainful employment. But I need some serious help. I want to work from home (won't do it if I can't) and I would love to not be on a phone. We are trying to save money for a trip and I want some mad money. I'm really just wondering if any of you know anyone that works from home and how they got their job, etc. (For example, Megan, how did you get hooked up with taking pictures of jeans and putting them on ebay?) I don't want to sell books, candles, make up, etc. And I don't really want to babysit, although I guess I could, if I had to. Any ideas, friends?

5 comments:

Megan said...

Carrie - I found my first ebay listing job last summer, when James was studying for the bar and not working full time. I worked for a lady who sold vintage womens dresses. Then I hooked up with another girl who wanted me to sell her stuff on my account (I registered on ebay as a trading assistant), so that's kind of how it started. When I had my first miscarriage - before that, when I was pregnant, I didn't want to do the drive, and I wasn't working as fast as she wanted me to near the holidays, so I stopped working for her. Then when we moved and I wanted extra "house" money, I found the job I have now. I found them on Craigslist and just searched for "ebay lister". I see similar jobs a lot around here. I really like it cuz I work when the kids are sleeping - for the most part. And at my own pace.

Megan said...

I've also gotten calls from past contacts through hotels to do "shop" calls for them to their competitors. I just finished up another job this week. So think about people you've worked with in the past, or people that might need help on the side right now. When James' law firm in Seattle was getting ready for trial and needed extra helpers, they'd send the work home with James and pay me to help them.

lori said...

oooo! Good question! I hope you find something great!

jeanine said...

sorry i can be of no help... but if you think of something let me know!

Megan said...

So it's been almost a week...find anything yet? ;)

I think you should do Ebay too. You are super creative and there's lots of different things you could sell, whether you're making it or buying it somewhere.