I just know that you are dying to know where I have been all week. We had so much fun with my mom and dad! I feel like I've lived a month in the last seven days. My kids are probably going to need some time to recover from the withdrawl symptoms that have already begun to manifest themselves. I am sure the lack of attention will be nothing short of tramatic after all the hugs, kisses, loves, tickles, stories, and songs showered upon them by Grandma and Grandpa. Here is yet another list from me (I know, I'm sorry, but its a great way to summarize and add pictures) of all we have seen and done in the last week:
- I burnt my arm with hot oil. I got the worst burn of my life, worse than the burn Tyler gave me that started our relationship (story for another time... its a good one). 3 blisters, lucky for me Dr. Dad was around to treat the burns. They are definitely looking better today. Mom said to put vitamin E oil on it to prevent scarring... I say no way! I want a cool scar! (okay, not really eventful, but wanted to share anyway!)
- We drove up to Mt. Evans. The road to the summit is the highest paved road in the world and the summit is 14,264 ft. Mom and Dad (and me, a little) got some altitude sickness. Just queasy and lightheaded. It is an amazing sight. The Rocky Mountains are just spectacular and they go on forever and ever and ever. It is so quiet up their its almost unbelieveable! And animals on the side of the road, just waiting for all of us to figure out we aren't wanted up there and head down. There was still some snow and there were some clouds we were literally in the middle of. That is the only way to do a '14er'! Like I could hike one! (click and scroll over to see the pictures!)
- We went downtown and checked out the 'famous' (only famous in Denver) 16th Street Mall. We walked up to the capital building and checked it out.
The capital steps have a step that says "One mile above sea level." Here we are sitting on it!
This is in front of the capital building, behind us is a US Mint.
- We treked up to Fort Collins and checked it out, drove over to Estes Park and into Rocky Mountain National Park. We only went about 50 feet into the park, long enough to turn around. $20 bucks a car, decided to save it for another trip when we could get our money's worth out of the trip.
- Grandpa, Danner, and Tyler went fishing. They caught a few fish and a good day. Here is a fish on Tyler's line.

The poor thing doesn't stand a chance, does he?
To be continued . . .







4 comments:
I love the pictures and sounds like you had a great week!! Family visits are so much fun. We need them more often, don't we?
How did you burn your arm? Were you making bacon? Is it on your arm? I am glad it's getting better. I want to hear about how Tyler burned you! I haven't heard that one!
sounds so fun carrie! Love the pics! Kay - I'm going to scroll up and continue...:)
Shan- I burned it frying bean threads for an asian salad. I was trying to move the hot oil after I was down so it could cool off, oil splashed out... its on the underside of my forearm....
Post a Comment