my Mom and my country! I love the 4th of July. My mom's birthday, fireworks, warm and sunny days, family, friends, yummy summer food. It's all so great! I love having a day to celebrate America, too. Rudyard Kipling's little poem here sums up how I feel about this great land!
Our hearts where they rocked our cradle,
Our love where we spent our toil,
And our faith, and our hope, and our honor,
We pledge to our native soil.
God gave all men all earth to love,
But since our hearts are small,
Ordained for each one spot should prove
Beloved over all.
~Rudyard Kipling
I love America! And since I do, I cannot help but try to live the way Pres. Lincoln describes.
I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him. ~Abraham Lincoln
Happy 4th everyone! And I love you Mom. Hope you have a great day. Thanks for all you do for me and all you've taught me (which is a lot!)
3 months ago




2 comments:
Dito! the fourth is one of my favorite holidays!!!
Love the Kipling poem and the Lincoln quote!! Thanks for sharing those!!
I really liked those quotes... thanks!
Post a Comment