So I know, this is way to much time blogging. I just thought I would post one last time to publicly admit that my house is a DISASTER and not just a minor one. Hopefully since you now know this I will be motivated to get it cleaned up. I love having company over, but when it's Mom, she does more than half the work while she's here so the second she leaves, slacker mom (me) has to take over and thus far I've taken over with no success.
I also think I need a little therapy because of my home sickness. "But Carrie, you are home!" you say. I know, but I say home is with my family and every time my mom and dad leave I can't help but wish we lived next door to each other. Maybe that would get old, though. Probably not. I know without doubt I would've been a horrible pioneer, but the living near family that isn't normal any more would be nice, wouldn't it? Ah, such is life. And I know most of you feel the same way...
Needless to say, due to the condition of house and heart, we will be doing NOTHING this week. Thank goodness.
3 months ago




8 comments:
Oh it sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time!!! I love it when family comes as well and can't wait till we live closer to Ian's parents. And my house is usually thrashed by the end but it is so worth it. Speaking of disaster houses.....I'd better go. :)
Ha, it sounds like my house and I didn't have company. Wes dumped his bowl of cereal out over an hour ago, and I still haven't cleaned it up! That is how much of a slacker I am.
You know, if we lived next door to your mom and dad, it wouldn't be as "special" to have them come and visit because we would get to see them every day! I know what you mean though! Have a nice day doing "nothing" if you call nothing taking care of two kids ;)
We love living close to family and lots of cousins, but I know what you feel about being homesick. I still am. I just love Seattle in general. Although I heard Tyler and Taya have considered jobs down here in Arizona. Wouldn't that be fun!
aaah - Shannon, you are so sweet and so right. It is more special when you get together rather than if you lived next door.
I just want to say kudos to everyone who read my diatribe... made my day to know that my musings can be somewhat entertaining! We've got great friends and family! Thanks!
I love to read your blog Carrie...your humor is delightfull! I so enjoyed the pictures of your outings. After a week like that, you deserve to take a break....I'd be totally exhausted from all that trekking! Your children are just adorable!!!! Do you have any plans to visit Washington in the next year or so????
No plans in the immediate future, we have to go to Boise in August and I think we'll stay home for Christmas. If I have my way, though, we'll hopefully get up there next springish. We'll see!
I always think about growing up and getting together all the time with the Banks Family, such good memories. This summer we've been close to all of Dave's family and it sure makes me appreciate having family close by. I hope that my children can grow up around their cousins, but if not that's okay too. Count Shannon and Dave in for considering AZ, we think of it "as an option" along with a million other places to live. I really love this area but housing it going up and up, plus I am really getting sick of rain during the summer. But I'm pretty attached to the beauty of this area, however I think I could get see beauty in plenty of other areas. Anyway we have a while before we decide where to live, plus we have to follow the jobs. I love these blogs though, I feel so connected to everyone now!
It sounds like you had a blast! Isn't family great?
Post a Comment