Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Must Read List

Those closest to me know that I love to read and I love other people to love what I love. One disclaimer, I read for fun, so there won't be a list of classics here unless it was an entertaining one. So here are a few of my most favorite books of all time:

Pride and Prejudice (absolute favorite) by Ms Jane Austen
The Evening Class by Maeve Binchy (almost anything by her is entertaining, thanks for introducing me to her, Mom)
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (okay, this one wasn't a light hearted read, but I couldn't put it down!)

I'm always looking for good recommendations, so pass them along!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

A recommend...
I haven't read it through but read bits and pieces when I bought it for my friend. Its called "Hot Mom Handbook" and along similar lines, I hear "Confessions of a Slacker Mom" is a fun read too.

lori said...

YEA! I've been loving every word on this blog! It's so YOU! The you that I remember so well from what seems like SUCH a distant past! Can't wait to start catching up! For the record: I need to follow suit and take Lucy to more parks; Thanks for the book recs - I'll add them to my list. Keep them coming. Love you!

Shannon B said...

Carrie, I recommended The Evening Class to our book club, do you think this is a good choice for a book club?