I don't know why, but we seem to have random connections with Oklahoma: Tyler has cousins who lived there years ago and has visited, a few of my good friends in college were from there, my friend and her family moved there, and my friend here in Denver used to live there and actually home taught the good friends from college who were from there. On Saturday, our very good friends/Tyler's cousin and family stopped by on their way to OK for a High School reunion. We hadn't seem them since BYU so it was fun, fun, FUN to catch up and play with their triplets. We had an enormous breakfast on Sunday to honor the dads in our families and sent them on their way.
Speaking of dads, I just want to pay tribute to the dad/husband in our little family. As I was thinking yesterday of what a great dad he is, I remembered that I always knew he would be, one of the many attributes that attracted me to him. Tyler is definitely a kid at heart, and plays with Lainey and Brady daily. In turn, they both adore him which is fun for me, as a mom, to watch. I think, though, that the best thing that Tyler does for his kids is he takes great care of their mommy. I can't tell you the countless, little, obscure things he does for me that keep me sane... maybe I should try.
- he changes diapers... and definitely his fair share (for example, on Saturday, I think I only changed one, and not because I didn't want to, Tyler just got it done)
- he helps with dinner. We've been grilling a ton this summer, and he comes home, fires up the grill, and cooks to perfection any time I need him to!
- here is a great example: I went through our coupons, throwing out expired ones, and he saw in the pile a coupon to a clothing store I shop at and said, "Oh, are you sure you don't want to go use this?" Unfortunately, it was expired, but I love that he didn't even hesitate to green light me shopping for myself, which I have to admit is sometimes a luxury.
- he gets up with the kids and lets me sleep in every Saturday and the Sundays that he can. I didn't ask or grumble about getting up, he just knows me well enough to know that I would appreciate the extra hour. (I just want all of you to know that sleeping in is like 8 or 8:30. Once at 9:00)
- he buys me ice cream, even though I told him I don't want it in the house any more, but he can sense that I just need some!
- he honors his priesthood and serves whenever he needs to... example: a few weeks ago a neighbor was moving. They hadn't asked the ward for help, but Tyler called to make sure they didn't need anything and went and helped for the afternoon
- he is thrifty! The computer chair I am sitting on now is made from two broken chairs from his office that he has made into one functional chair!
- he gets me a glass of water, even though we are both tired, trying to relax on the couch and I am perfectly able to get up and get my own glass
- I know moms everywhere hate it when the men in their lives feel like they are 'babysitting' their own kids, but Tyler watches the kids A LOT! For meetings, activities, or just grocery shopping. Some weeks, he puts the kids to bed more than I do!
- he knows I'm crazy, but he doesn't say anything.
- he has ideas, dreams, and plans for our future!
I could probably come up with a few more, and I'm sure all your husbands do most of these things too, but, gosh, I picked a good one and I am so grateful for him! I love you, babe!






6 comments:
oh, Carrie, I loved this!! It brought back memories of Fugal hall - watching you two so in love with each other! And I loved this list of things - way to be an awesome husband, Tyler!!
ditto to Lori... cute post! yea for good husbands and good dads!!! oh! and where are tyler's cousins from? if they grew up in this stake rich might know them from high school or something!
They lived in Woodward. Richard and Carol Burrham, kids that might be the same age... Karen, Kimberely...My friend here home taught Jamie Reids family, isn't that a trip???
Well I'm glad you found my blog! I have loved looking at yours. Such a sweet family! Someday Dave and I want to go to Colorado because we have never been there. Hope all is well with you!
HI!!!!! I've entered the blogging world as well...*rolls eyes* I'm addicted after one day. After 5 posts I had to force myself to stop. :) Love your blog and especially all of the cute pictures!!
Post a Comment