Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The adventures begin!

I am now a blogger! What a scary thought. So many friends and family have started blogging and I love reading everyone's blogs, so I thought I would give it a try. I'm all about the communication age, and it's nice to read what everyone else is up to, so hopefully you enjoy reading what we are up to! I'm not a great or entertaining writer, but I do have aspirations to be a better journaler so I consider this my effort in that endeavor. Thanks for good ideas on what to put on our site, fellow bloggers.

The kids and I (and Tyler) have really been enjoying the arrival of summer. I've dubbed this summer Local Park Tour 2007 and the kids and I intend to check out all the area parks we can. A few that we've hit so far:

Marcy Park
Plum Valley Park
Westlands Park
Kistler Park
Civic Green Park
Redstone Park

And next week we are off to Belleview Park to check out the petting zoo! I probably will go on and on in future posts about the things that I love about Denver, and to begin the onslaught I would just like to say that I love the sunny days here. Every morning the sun is shining and the skies are always blue. It's a beautiful thing. On the days it does rain, it may only last a few minutes or doesn't even start until late afternoon, which gives us plenty of time to play in the morning. Its great! In fact, I'm going right now to serve lunch so we can hit the park this afternoon!

2 comments:

jeanine said...

Yea! I'm so excited that you started a blog. It's so much fun to read about your little family. I love you girl!

Carrie said...

Thanks Jeanine. I got tired of not being able to leave comments on everyone else's sites, cuz I didn't have an account, so I just made a blog while I created my account! I love your blog too. You and Lori are so fun to read about... both such good writers!