Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Millions of Peaches

Yesterday we opened our last jar of home canned peaches... The worst part about it is that since we have a flat topped stove now, I doubt that I will be canning again this fall (heard something about how canning ruins the heating element in a flat top stove, if anyone has canned using a flat top, I would love to know how it worked out. Tammy, any info from the home canning expert?). It was a sad day for the Millers, but we tried to enjoy those last few bites. (note the peach juice syrup that dripped on Lainey's shirt...)


Also, an ironic thing happened yesterday when we went to the park... it rained! You would think Mother Nature would have given me a break since I was singing her praises yesterday, but not so much. We had fun for the 20 or so minutes before the deluge.

While I am being a bit of a whiner, I just want to share with you all what I get to go do tonight. The Teachers have planned a combined YM/YW activity and we get to play crab soccer (yes, thats soccer while crab walking...). Leave it to the Teachers to come up with such a creative use of our time...

4 comments:

jeanine said...

I love that you have canned peaches! You are soo good! I need to be better about stuff like that.

lori said...

I remember eating your canned peaches! YUM! I can't believe how big your kids are! They are so darling, Carrie!

Carrie said...

Well, Jeanine, I can't make a pie fit to eat, so don't feel bad about not canning... its definitely a dying art...

Melissa said...

I still don't know how to can, nor can I make a good pie. So frankly no one feel like a slacker. By the way, your kids are getting so big, and so adorable. (Not that they weren't before!) glad to see life in Colorado is good.