So I've never done Weight Watchers, but I'm a huge fan of their program. I know from others that have done WW that they always tell their clients to have smaller goals on the way to the bigger goals. I've totally survived this weight loss effort by keeping that in mind. As I'm getting very near my goal (I've added 5 lbs, so now my goal is 80...) I've been thinking about my benchmarks of success for these last months. Just for my own remembrance, here are a few of my favs:
- 20% of my body weight lost. That was the first one. It felt like such an accomplishment. Now it seems so small!
- Getting back to my pre-Brady weight. Still very big, but it felt like I was taking the years off. I kept thinking that if I went back to Colorado, no one would recognize me anymore!
- Getting back into the 100s. This is very hard for me to admit publicly, but the day I was less than two hundred pounds felt like a small miracle. This was about the time that I realized I was skinnier than I'd ever been when we lived in Idaho!
- Hitting my pre-Lainey weight. Gosh, that felt really good. It only took almost 5 years, but at least I got rid of the baby weight eventually! Now if only the body looked pre-baby, too! This also happened to be the weight were I had lost 50 lbs total. Another huge milestone for me!
Today I hit another milestone. Besides hitting my weight goal (when I do), this is probably the biggest milestone of all. According to my bmi, based on my height and weight, I am no longer considered overweight. I'm 'normal weight'. I'm healthy, people! After all these months and months of work, I'm finally feeling like I've accomplished something important! I still feel chubby and like I could lose 20-25 more pounds, but I'm committed to just worrying about these last 8 lbs and then taking a breather. I've got other big goals I want to accomplish. I've got reasons I started this whole weight loss, reasons that I need to attend to. Maybe I'll tell you about those some time.
In the meantime, I'm patting myself on the back and can't wait for these last 8 to go away forever!!
17 comments:
YEA!!! You are seriously amazing!
Where are your pictures. I need some inspiration for after I have this little one. I want to look hot like you.
Seriously, you amaze me. You are a hero to me. I do not know what you have been through- and I don't in any way say this in offense beacuse the only reason i look the way i do is the gene pool I was given, and I need to be more grateful, yet not take advantage of it. I do, however feel the years taking a tole on my body and come to realize I need to be more conscience. I grateful for your determination and your example that IT CAN BE DONE. Seriously- i still want a sexy pic!!!
Carrie, that's awesome! If my arms were long enough, I'd be patting you on the back too! You rock, 'cuz!
Good job! It's so hard to keep motivated to loose weight and has been harder and harder to do so as I get older! Weight Watchers is a great way to go! Keep it up!!
CARRIE BANKS MILLER...Can't wait to see you and your skinny sack-a-bones!!! Aaron said you look so stinkin good!
Becky, you kill me. How do you know I look hot??? And you have SO much pregnancy left!! Stop worrying about lbs coming off... pile em on while you can!
Michal, you are so sweet, I took zero offense from your comment. Thank you for being amazed that I can fix a bad thing I got myself into by my own laziness and bad habits.
Ian, your arms are very long. If anyone could reach from AZ to WA, it might just be you!
AAAHHHHHHH! if only you could hear me screaming right now! wahooo. I can't wait to see you. Hey, Gabrielle, you and I should do a race this spring, I need something to get me motivated. Way to go, enjoy it.
Way to go Carrie! That is so awesome. I know as much as anyone how hard weight is to get off, and how easy it just slips right on. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures!
Keep up the good work and I hope you do earn a well deserved breather and a nice wardrobe when you hit your goal!
I want a picture in one of the hot new outfits you bought.
You are awesome!! I love reading abt your progess. Way to go!!
Thanks for sharing your progress with us all!!! Way to go!! You need to buy yourself a plane ticket to Hawaii to celebrate all of your hard work!
you amaze me. can you be my personal trainer? way to go. good job. now when do we get to see a pic?
The post that said it was from Heidi, is from me....sorry!
Carrie, when are you going to post some pictures?!? You are awesome!
Wow, congrats. That is amazing. I'm so impressed. YOu inspire me....now I just need to follow in your footsteps. Hey, I need your address for a christmas card. If you want to email it to me, my email is kltennis33@yahoo.com Thanks girl!!
Oh, I think my dad is logged in. He is not writing you, Kari-Lynn is.....just so you know :)
Way to go Carrie! I'm so proud of you!! :-) Now you just need to come here and kick me in the butt!
I agree with the Hawaii comment! We need to take a trip to Hawaii! :-)
I'm counting down the days until the blog fashion show!!
You've done awesome!!
Post a Comment