2. The fact that there were NO tornadoes when we WERE driving through Kansas on our way home.
3. The invention of portable DVD players.
4. Our friend listing our house for free. (okay, that one isn't that small.)
5. Tyler driving safely to Washington by himself. (me and the kids to follow shortly)
6. Getting to church sans Tyler on time with both of my kids mostly clean (they decided to play in some dirt in their church clothes while Mom went to find keys...).
7. Lainey staying with her CTR class. This has been a challenge for a few weeks. She must know something is up.
8. Not causing bodily harm to anyone in my care. Pray for my sanity and my patience!
9. The new job hiring movers to pack and move our stuff. Thank goodness!
And now for a big miracle...
OUR HOUSE SOLD!!!!!
while we were out of town. The average around here is 90 days
on the market and that number is growing, so we feel so
blessed that we found buyers in 10!
And the icing on the cake was getting an offer on our house. We close on the 13th. My heart is so overwhelmingly full of gratitude. It really is a miracle that it sold. I left the house for church today and it was not picked up enough for showings and I realized that what I had agreed to do (stay here with the kids until the house sold) might have been too much. Good thing the Lord realized that more quickly than I did and blessed us with well qualified and eager buyers!
After spending the morning at church, I have felt the spirit witness to me that Heavenly Father not only knows me, but that He is our Father and seeks to help us and bless us, even in our imperfections and failings. Certainly not new information, but always nice to remember how much we are loved and blessed. I keep trying to even the score by magnifying my calling, being a good visiting teacher, trying to teach my kids, serving the families in my ward, etc., but Heavenly Father just won't give me an inch! How grateful I am for the infinitely uneven score that I shouldn't be keeping anyway. And I am immensely grateful for the small and large miracles in my life.
Any miracles in your life? Please share!
on the market and that number is growing, so we feel so
blessed that we found buyers in 10!
This has been such a busy time for us. We had such a wonderful time with Becca and Dave and visiting the church history sites. Words cannot describe our feelings of gratitude to Becca and Dave for having us and our gratitude to those early Saints whose faith and obedience is unparallelled in modern times. As we took President Hinkley's invitation to walk down Parley Street in Nauvoo, down the Trail of Hope towards the Mississippi, I felt so grateful for their dedication to their faith and their perseverance to do what was asked.
"Those of us who can remember when we were compelled to abandon Nauvoo, when the winter was so inclement know how dark and gloomy the circumstances of the saints were, with the mob surrounding our outer settlements and threatening to destroy us and how trying it was to the faith of the people of God. The word was to cross the Mississippi and to launch out into an unknown wilderness- to go where, no one knew. Who knew anything of the terrors of the journey thither, or of the dangers that might have to be met and contended with? Who knew anything about the country to be traversed? Moving out with faith that was undisturbed by its unknown terror, it was by faith that this was accomplished." George Q. Cannon
I'm so thankful that they didn't give up or give in. Where would this truth be today if they had? I just can't imagine. Nor can I imagine the heartache that followed the walk out of Nauvoo and the challenges the pioneers faced on the trek west. What remarkable people they must be.
Sidenote: Did a session at the Nauvoo temple... there are YELLOW SILK couches in the Celestial Room. Gorgeous!"Those of us who can remember when we were compelled to abandon Nauvoo, when the winter was so inclement know how dark and gloomy the circumstances of the saints were, with the mob surrounding our outer settlements and threatening to destroy us and how trying it was to the faith of the people of God. The word was to cross the Mississippi and to launch out into an unknown wilderness- to go where, no one knew. Who knew anything of the terrors of the journey thither, or of the dangers that might have to be met and contended with? Who knew anything about the country to be traversed? Moving out with faith that was undisturbed by its unknown terror, it was by faith that this was accomplished." George Q. Cannon
I'm so thankful that they didn't give up or give in. Where would this truth be today if they had? I just can't imagine. Nor can I imagine the heartache that followed the walk out of Nauvoo and the challenges the pioneers faced on the trek west. What remarkable people they must be.
And the icing on the cake was getting an offer on our house. We close on the 13th. My heart is so overwhelmingly full of gratitude. It really is a miracle that it sold. I left the house for church today and it was not picked up enough for showings and I realized that what I had agreed to do (stay here with the kids until the house sold) might have been too much. Good thing the Lord realized that more quickly than I did and blessed us with well qualified and eager buyers!
After spending the morning at church, I have felt the spirit witness to me that Heavenly Father not only knows me, but that He is our Father and seeks to help us and bless us, even in our imperfections and failings. Certainly not new information, but always nice to remember how much we are loved and blessed. I keep trying to even the score by magnifying my calling, being a good visiting teacher, trying to teach my kids, serving the families in my ward, etc., but Heavenly Father just won't give me an inch! How grateful I am for the infinitely uneven score that I shouldn't be keeping anyway. And I am immensely grateful for the small and large miracles in my life.
Any miracles in your life? Please share!




10 comments:
I love Nauvoo!! Wow, that was the quickest move/sell I have ever seen. I am so sad though. I just won't have you so "close" anymore!!
Wow!! That is exciting news!!
And for miracles...I have too many to list!
Hey! We went private on our blog. If you want an invite to read let me know your email address, if I haven't already sent you an invite. My address is "amj_427@hotmail.com".
Adrienne & Scott Berg
Wow, Carrie! That is awesome that you sold your house so fast! Congrats!
I'm glad you had an awesome time in Nauvoo.
Gabrielle
CARRIE.....That ROCKS! Congrats, no one deserves it more. It just much have been time!!! I love it when the blessings come pouring down, you must be doing something right! Good luck with the move and all!!! See ya soon, hopefully!
I loved your post. Thanks for sharing. Yeah for your house selling! That's a BIG one! Especially now a days. When we decided to move to Arizona, our house sold really fast too and things just fell into place, like a place for us to live down here until our house was done, etc. I keep reminding myself of that when I get homesick!
Yea for your house selling so fast! That's wonderful!
And don't you just LOVE Nauvoo!? Our stake is going up for Youth Conference this year so we've been trying to prepare them. I told them about Parley Street just a few weeks ago. Isn't the spirit their amazing? Oh. And the Nauvoo Temple is gorgeous inside isn't it? One cool thing... after we finished our session there we were waiting for the guys to finish getting dressed. One of the temple workers came up to my mom and said "Let me show you something." She took us over to one of the offices and showed us a sword that once belonged to Joseph Smith and he had given it to a man named James Allred. Well, we're related to James Allred! This temple worker had NO IDEA... and later told us that she wasn't even supposed to do that but just had a feeling she should! A little miracle.
Hooray for small miracles. And way to recognize so many in your life recently!
Boy, you are blessed! I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the midwest right now! And That is fantastic about your house selling so soon! Congratulations!! I bet the move feels so much more real now...and that you aren't burdened with selling your home now!
This makes me so nostalgic for Nauvoo!!
SO EXCITED about the offer on your house!
SO GRATEFUL for miracles!
Ah Carrie - I am so happy and thrilled. You and Tyler are such great people - you deserve it. We'll see you soon.
Post a Comment