Tuesday, June 3, 2008

From the mouth of my babe...

After giving a demonstration to Brady on how to say 'Washington', Lainey informed me that I was saying it wrong.

Oh, really? Well, Lainey, how do you say it?

She declares, exasperated at her mother's stupidity, It's Washing-tongue, Mom. Like this. Then she proceeds to stick out her tongue and point.

8 comments:

Katie L said...

Great! I wonder where/how kids come up with certain pronunciations. They are so silly!

Katie L said...

Thanks Carrie- I've been looking for a long time but couldn't find a great background, so I learned how to make them and i made this one myself. It's my favorite too!

lori said...

ha!

Shannon B said...

Hahaha, Lainey you are a HOOT!!!

jeanine said...

Lainey, you are just too funny!

shannon j said...

I've never heard pronunciation...I've heard lots of WaRshingtons..but never that!

You'll have to tell Lainey that when she moves up to WA she will have to be correcting a lot of people, b/c apparently - everyone is saying it wrong!

Steven said...

my mom says it...Warrrshington. Annoys the cr*p out of me!

Katie L said...

You know, it is usually in the 80's and 90's by now..just an odd spring. I'm so sick of hating the weather and complaining about it, so I thought I'd take a positive approach yestersay. It is driving me crazy too-hahaha! That is funny that you guys almost moved here! Maybe you guys would have brought the nice weather with you, but instead, you'll be taking your nice weather to WA!