Monday, January 28, 2008

The next Van Gogh, or Monet, or Cezanne, or Rembrandt, or Picasso, or...

some other famous artist. I always hesitate to brag about my kids on the blog because #1) I don't want to be 'one of those moms', #2) I don't know if my kids are really the geniuses I think they are or if its just the proud momma in me, and I don't want someone to tell me I'm wrong about them and that they are not in fact geniuses. But after some serious proud momma moments, I had to share some of Lainey's great art work with the blogosphere so you can all say, "I knew her when" after she makes it big.

Seriously, Lainey may not be good at everything, but with paper and a colored pencil she is crazy talented. She's been coloring in the lines FOREVER (Danner can verify this statement, as he did watch her color many times last summer and IS NOT one of her parents) and she's been drawing stick people since I don't even know when...years. Before the critic in you starts evaluating this art collection, please remember she is barely 4! Here is a preview of her fine art collection:

Here we see a seasonal piece featuring a snowman flittering in a winter wonderland of snowflakes. The lines on top reflecting the downward fall of the snowflakes.

A penguin. Hollywood's 'it' bird of the decade. Depicted here with a very small wing and a belly that appears to be sticking out.


My personal favorite. A piece entitled 'Birds Flying'. We move from the pencil sketches into this lovely art piece featuring some pink colors.

Here is a somewhat abstract version of Lainey's famous 'stick people'. Always on her stick people are hair, hands, and feet. Occassionally we'll see some with dresses and crowns, princesses, if you will, but Lainey did not want to produce one for this collection.



And finally, "Bunny family". A depiction inspired by one of Lainey's favorite shows "Max & Ruby".

Now, if you are my friend (and I think you all are) you won't tell me I'm wrong about this very talented little four year old that I love so very dearly!

17 comments:

Steven said...

yep...talent (no really for her age they are really good, I can't even draw like that...and YOU know I am telling the truth!). I mention coloring or art and my guys runs away screaming!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, of course.

Megan said...

Very cute! Great job Lainey!

Boston Family said...

Carrie! This is Meggan from Fugal - Laura's roomie! I just wanted to say hi and let you know I enjoy reading your blog since I stumbled upon it from Lauras about a week ago. You do have a very talented little girl! What a sweet family you have! Good to see you are doing well!

Shannon B said...

Yes..they are REALLY GOOD! Syd is older and CAN NOT draw like that! I mean it!

shannon j said...

Those drawings are really cute! I love drawings from little kidos, I think they are the cutest! Thanks for sharing.

Katie L said...

She is very talented! People always compare other kids to their own, but she puts my little artist to shame-hahaha! Those are great drawings!!! And don't worry, from what I've read of your blog, you are NOT one of those moms!! I am I guess, but I have all the relatived reading mine daily, so I tend to show the kids off for the grandparents.

jessica said...

As the mother of a barely 4 year old, I can say that those are truly impressive. However, I'm affraid that my daughter falls at the complete other end of the art spectrum, but I still think those look amazing!

jeanine said...

Love it! The penguin is my personal favorite. William's drawings just consist of circles and lines most of the time.

Carrie said...

You guys ARE my friends! Love you all!

And Katie, you are NOT 'one of those moms'... at least I don't think so!

Dnnr said...

I second the motion.

Angela said...

Wow, I'm very impressed. She really is good. Aubrielle (who will be 4 next month) has just barely started stick figures, and they don't really look like people yet...lol. I love the penguin and can't wait to tell everyone I knew Lainey before she was famous. (Okay, I guess I've technically never met Lainey, but I knew her mom before she had Lainey, before Lainey was famous!)

Jacob said...

Hey Carrie! How's it going? I haven't talked to you in FOREVER.... Like, since right after my mission, I think. How's it going? I just found out about your blog along with Jeanine's and Lori's. Am I even surprised you're blogging? Not in the LEAST!!! Well, if you want to check out my blog, here it is:

jacobandkat.blogspot.com

lori said...

Check those out!! Go Lainey, go!
You better stay in her good favor, Carrie! Maybe she'll pay your bills some day =)

Michal Thompson said...

I would have to say that Dylan has talent, but he does not have the talent for drawing like Lainey. So go ahead and brag!

Karen said...

I think she's quite talented! I love the penguin!!! What an artist.

jeanine said...

Okay my creative friend. I found a pattern on Shabby Princess that I want for my blog background... how do I do it?