Lainey got her first CTR ring and she was SO excited. She's in love with her shiny new ring! When I picked her up from her CTR 5 class (where is the time going? She's growing up way too fast!), she was all aflutter with things she could do to choose the right. Top of the list: be nice to her brother. Hopefully wearing it will remind her to do just that!

Brady had his first 'I am a Child of God' Nursery lesson and I gotta say, the week Lainey had this lesson was shortly after she went to nursery and I was near tears when she walked out of nursery with her cute little bookmark with her picture on it and the words 'I am a Child of God' (which was still on our fridge until maybe a month ago), but Brady got picked up wearing this:

And I melted. He looked adorable. Plus he was really happy to see me, which never hurts the melt-ability of my mommy heart.
And more important than any news about my kids is the fact that we FINALLY have early church: 9:30 and I am in heaven. We've waited and waited and waited to get this time slot. And its finally happpened. So much better than the patience-trying, toddler crying, mom losing it 1 pm reverse block schedule of last year.
And the funniest thing that happened today: Tyler was cutting some chicken for dinner and Lainey had secretly indulged in the 'church bag' snack. Lainey snuck her contraband over to Daddy and asked if he wanted to share her spoils. Of course, Tyler said no, he was fasting. He wasn't eating because he was praying about something very important that he needed Heavenly Father and Jesus to help him with. Lainey was fine with that, but then she offered some to Mommy too, saying, "Daddy can't have any because Jesus is helping him cut the chicken." Hopefully we get the fasting concept eventually.




8 comments:
I can totally understand! This is the very first time we've had early church since we got married! I love the special little kid lessons, and her very first CTR ring! How great!!! Hopefully she'll remember long enough for it to come in handy-hahaha!
first--those pictures of your son are adorable! what a handsome little guy. seeing him with his little crown also make me so disappointed with our nursery right now. Flower has never come home with something from her lesson because i'm pretty sure they're not having them!
second--i needed a good laugh right before bed! that fasting story is the best!
you guys are the cutest!
We have had church early (9:00) for the past 3 years. We keep moving and lucking out! NICE! Hey Syd didn't get a CTR ring! I now teach CTR 6 (AGAIN..that is what I did in my old ward too). I guess I am destined to be in primary. At least I don't teach Syd's class! I am totally laughing at what Lainey said!!!! Soo cute. Did you write that one down (other than on the blog?) FUNNY!
brady is so super cute... and yea for early church. we just switched to 11... so sad.
We went from 2pm to 8am....not sure which one is worse, considering a new baby in the near future, but I am excited to have afternoon naps again! :)
LOL at Lainey's comment. Soooo cute.
HA! Love you Lainey!!
And what tender milestones! Makes my heart melt too!
That's pretty cute. I can remember when I got my first CTR ring. I was so excited to wear it around. Hopefully the rings have gotten a little better and don't leave a black mark on your finger.
Um, no. The rings are still giving you that lovely black (or green, in my case) mark on your finger. I guess you get what you pay for, and considering they are like 10 cents a piece, I'm not surprised. But at least I won't feel bad about money spent when she loses it, and I'm sure, eventually, she will.
Post a Comment