Saturday, May 10, 2008

Hi Friends...

Early celebration of Mother's Day, on this Mother's Day Eve. Sipping a Bacardi's Strawberry Daiquiri -don't worry, it's virgin- and thinking of you! (you know who you are!)


Wouldn't be half the mother I am without two very important people:

my Mom, who taught me motherly love- unconditional, unique, patient, forgiving, individual, forever.

-and-

Tyler, who keeps me happy and mentally stable, occasionally with fruity virgin drinks.

And of course, I'm grateful to the two adorable reasons I am privileged to call myself 'Mother.' Brady's quick smile always warms my heart! He'll give me as many kisses as I ask for, and I ask for a lot! And Lainey. She's trying, but she's sweet. Every day since I hurt my finger (weeks ago), she asks in the most sincere voice, "Mom, is your finger getting better?" Or, "How is your owie, Mommy? Does it hurt?" and who couldn't love her for it? I've learned volumes about myself from them. And I've learned that this role, mother, is my path to salvation. Without them, I would be selfish, hopeless, unmolded clay. But if I can do this well (and that's a big 'if'), I am confident that it will work for my good.



And to all my friends and family who are women, mothers, and grandmothers. I love you. You inspire me. I wouldn't count you as my friends if I didn't see things in you that I aspire to be.


May your breakfasts be in bed, your flowers be vased, your children's mouths quieted, and your husbands dead on their feet.

7 comments:

Shannon B said...

WAAY cute Carrie!!! I love your post, it totally touched me and I am so happy to be a part of your family!!!!! Thanks for inspiring me to the max, you do all the time!!! Can't wait to live closer!!!!! YEAH!

shannon j said...

Happy Mothers Day!! I love your post. I also love those Bacardi's Strawberry Daiquiris too. Do you buy the frozen juice..that's what we get. Have you tried the Pina Colada one? Just thinking about it makes my mouth water. Yum! Enjoy your day!!

Katie L said...

Happy Mother's Day to you Carrie!!
-I didn't write it. I got it in an e-mail a while back, but there was no author name.

jeanine said...

Happy Mother's Day Carrie. You are too cute. Hope your day was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

happy mother's day. you deserve it. this is colleen bennion. i grew up tyler. you guys seem like a cute as can be family. i found your blog a bit ago and was so excited. tell tyler hi for me. i hope you had a great mother's day.

Meggan said...

Your last paragraph made me die laughing. Hope you had a great mother's day! Glad your back posting

lori said...

Hope you had a little Mother's Day relaxing amid preparations for the big move!! We're so excited that you'll be closer to family and that Tyler's job will be rewarding and secure! GOOD LUCK with the house selling and with the Target distance (that would kill me too!)

Can't wait to hear more about the new local!!