Friday, December 14, 2007

Success!

After reading this, Lainey's freak out at the Ward Christmas Party, and recollecting last years failed attempt, we had no idea what to expect from our visit to the local library to see Santa. We love this guy. Not only is he jolly and joyful, but he recites 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' with a glove that has a character on each finger. He lets the kids ask questions. He tells the kids all about the reindeer and the elves. I ask you, do you get that kind of service from a Mall Santa? I don't think so. And this guy is free. We adore him. But last year, Lainey did her adoring from afar and was terrified to sit with Santa.

You should've heard us this year. Tyler and I talked this guy up till the cows came home. Short of bribing her, we tried every tatic we knew to get her comfortable with the whole 'sitting on a stranger's lap' thing. My friends. She was jumping up and down before it was her turn. She rehearsed telling him what she wanted. Then, her number was called, and she walked up and SAT ON HIS LAP! And she told him what she wanted (is it bad that Mom and Dad coax her to want a certain item already purchased??) and she even gave him the most adorable hug. Brady didn't have any trouble crawling into Santa's waiting arms, he obviously loves the Big Red Guy.And speaking of Christmas Miracles, Tyler and I got to go on a date last night! We went to see the Broadway version of 'White Christmas'. My review: although it was VERY different from the movie, I thought it was fantastic. Lots of fun and the girl who played Betty had some incredible lungs. Not the original, but loved it. Here we are at the Denver Performing Arts Center.

And now, I'm really going to go finish making my Christmas cards. They gotta get out! If you want one, leave me your address (view my profile on the side bar under 'contributers' and click email me) if you don't think I have it!

5 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

You're kids are so cute! You're lucky they wern't crying seeing Santa! And that's so fun that you got to go to that musical. I'm jealous!!

jeanine said...

Yea that Lainey sat on Santa's lap! Those pictures are too cute! And hurray for date night.

Dnnr said...

cute jacket Carrie.

Katie L said...

Wow! What a great Santa! I want one that will do all those things to amuse my children!!! I would love to see White Christmas in person! That is my all time favorite Christmas movie by a long way! LUCKY!!!

Katie L said...

I forgot to tell you- I love Rie Muñoz. She is just wonderful! Eventually I want to do my kitchen in an Alaska theme. I'll be using lots of her prints!