I'm a self proclaimed
worry wart. I worry about a lot of things a lot of the time. I come by my worrying naturally, just ask my mother. Can I share one of my latest worries with you? I know its only our first week, but my poor daughter looks so forlorn on the school playground. We arrive to school with enough time for her to play, but she just stares at the people around her. She tried to play with a friend from soccer, but the friend has her own agenda and doesn't really need someone to tag along with her. So there my baby stands,
alone, gazing at the dozens of children joyfully relishing their last few moments before the bell sounds. I stand back and give her a chance to figure it out, but, gosh, my heart is breaking! I want to shout to all those other kids that they'd be lucky to have a friend as nice as Lainey and that she is the best at make believe and she
(almost never) cheats in games and she knows great jokes! But I hold back because going to school is a lot about finding
independence, right? It's the first week. I gotta stop worrying and give her time. But a
fashion maven such as this

must have a pretty
spectacular personality, right? Flowered shirt, heart shorts and striped socks. . . If only I had such self assurance!
10 comments:
BAHAHAH, I LOVE that pic of Lainey! SOOO CUTE!!!! I know Lainey and she will have friends in NO time. Just give it a few weeks!!
Awesome picture! I'm sure she'll have friends in no time at all. The first week for William was similar but now he seems to have made friends in his class. She'll be okay--I promise!
She'll be okay. I find that my oldest is like that when I am around, but as soon as I leave, he is friends with most everyone and is involved in the playground games. I am sure she will make lots of friends and have fun times on the playground and in the classroom. As long as she isn't sad or upset I woudn't worry.
Yeah! Your're back! Missed you on my Port Townsend computer.
Thought this was a great quote....wish I knew who said it.
"Worrying helps me alot because 98% of the things I worry about never happen"
It will be OK! Once she makes friends in class and around, she probably be the leader of her own pack!! I'm a woorier too, especially about Calvin growning up, which I was actually going to post about...you beat me too it-hahaha!
I love that picture! She must have an AWESOME personality!
I was wondering where my favorite blogger had gone. She will do great. The first three weeks are tough, then it is great!
Carrie ... I know she's making friends and they'll be lucky to have her!
Gabrielle
She is such a great friend that my girls still talk about wanting to see her!!
ps... I loved your comments on the modesty post on Bloom!
pps... There's a girl in my ward who is from Spokane. I don't know her madien name but her married name is Jeana Paventy... ring any bells? She's your age.
She is a doll and I am a HUGE worrier. You should e-mail me, maybe we can take our worries out on each other!
Post a Comment