Since I had so much fun with this last year, here is round 2. Once again, feel free to limerick it up in my comments section if you're feelin the shamrock love.
There once was a girl out of her groove
Who's husband kept making her move
Her life in a small city
Left her wanting pity
But she knew things were sure to improve.
(Yes, we're moving again. Saturday. I'll explain more if I ever have the time. Local move. It's really a good thing. And I don't really want pity, but it is so hard to find so many words that rhyme!)
There once was a man in a small town
Who liked to act like a ginormous clown.
He loved his family a lot
Was proud of the wife he'd caught
And wouldn't let life or his wife keep him down.
Our girl in the Burg has grown older
But still doesn't do what I told her.
She loves her dance class
And has got loads of sass
I, of course, have been the one to mold her.
The boy in the Burg with a full diaper
Has gotten more and more hyper
As the year has gone by
Although the time seems to fly
I am still the one who is his butt wiper.
A few helpful hints about limericks for those daring enough to try to write one.
1. They are always 5 lines.
2.Their rhyming pattern is always AABBA.
3. The are usually nonsensical and silly.
4. They often mention a place in the first line.
Luck o' the Irish to ye!
Happy St. Pat's Day!




10 comments:
hehehehehe...LOVE the butt wiper part! CREATIVE!
Nice job! Maybe when I have more creative thought I could come up with one.
LOL carrie if it weren't for you I would never know when st. Patty's was. Happy St. Patrick's!
I love them. Maybe I will get daring and try to write some on my own blog. So check LATE tonight:)
Carrie you are too cute... I miss you.
ps. can't wait to hear about this move!
Very cute. Way too clever for me! :)
hahahahahaha nice work.
Alright girl - your's were so fun I had to join in the fun!(apparently I'm hooked on this rhyming business). Go check them out on my blog!
As great as the ones last year!!!
How cute! What a great idea! You're moving? What a pain-so sorry I can't help ya. Wish you were moving back here!
Post a Comment