
Also known as the familial dumping ground. If I don't take the time to pick it up for even ONE day, this is what happens. Chaos. Which then evokes in me some serious heart palpitations and anxiety attacks.
But I can explain the mess. Really, I can. And this mess is actually a good snap shot of what we've been up to. Let's take a closer look, shall we?
Item A: A box, contained items sent by Grandma on the arrival of a new school year. Contained beloved new colored pencils and a fancy, furry princess pen- that actually are no longer in the box, but the box remains. Why, you ask? Because Grandma also sent Mom's senior pictures from a decade ago and Mom just doesn't want to take the time to put them away properly. Mom's lazy. She knows.
Item B: A huge stack of papers and worksheets because Mom, being the nutcase that she is and ever seeking ways to inflict lessons of patience on herself, has decide to home school Lainey for her preschool year. Sounds easy, doesn't it? Hhhmmm, you've never tried it, have you? If you could get a better look you would be able to see our art project. Apple prints. That one was a success, I think. Although Mom did more of the work because Lainey didn't want to get messy. Item B is also a wide spread pile because of all the loose crayons that are yet to be tucked away into their box. On top of the pile is a thank you note Lainey wrote herself for Grandma... that still needs to be mailed. Which is why its still there.
Item C: A water bottle left out from our picnic yesterday. That's a funny story. We get to our picnic 'spot' for the day only to discover they don't allow day use only. 45 minutes later and surrounded my the fruit trees of Wenatchee, we found a nice quiet picnic spot and had a scrumptious dinner. The little hike we took was also quiet, except for that animal scurrying in the bushes. We sang loudly. Animals are always afraid of loud noise, right?
Item D: Breaking Dawn. I finally read it. Since I am the last person on earth to read it, I'll just tell you my review right now. Disappointing. I liked the series because I was reading a fantasy without feeling like I was reading a weird fantasy book. Breaking Dawn was a weird fantasy book. And definitely NOT for a young adult audience. Hello! Nudity! It didn't bother me too much, but no way was it appropriate for the target age group.
Item E: The pile of mail. Who doesn't have one of these lying around? I know I can't be the only one.
Item F: Lainey's registration and class info for her dance classes that start this week. She is unbelievably excited. I know what you're thinking. And yes, we chose to enroll her in dance classes rather than in preschool. We've got our priorities, you've got yours. You would understand if you could've seen her rhythmic gymnastic performance in our living room just a few short weeks ago. The girl's got rhythm.
Item G: The token Target bag. Everyone has one, don't they? This one happens to be filled with leotards and tights to try on Lainey for the dance class. Daddy went to Target for us and wanted to give us styling options. Oh, and there's some Armor All car cleaning product in there, too. Like I said, Tyler went to the store.
Item H: A random jar that Tyler doesn't want me to throw away. He has a purpose in mind for it, but it obviously has yet to fulfill said purpose because it is residing on my counter top.
Item I: Hard to see this one. The checkbook. It's sitting out to remind me to take a check to the lady at church buying peaches. I've already canned 66 lbs but we decided after eating 3 quart jars in just over a week, we might need a few more to make it a true one year supply. They come Wednesday. I'm gonna be busy.
Speaking of busy, I've gotta clean this mess up. The missionaries are coming for dinner and it's one thing to show a picture of your mess on the internet, but its another thing entirely to let someone else see it for real!




11 comments:
I got one of those too! I hate it!
We used to have an ottoman in our front room, but it is downstairs in storage because everyone used to pile stuf on it too. (I purposely spell stuff with one f because it's a 4 letter word to me).
So, I'm lookin at mine right now, and I have zero motivation to clean my counter off. I like to pretend that counter doesn't exist for the sake of my sanity. For example I didn't even notice your messy bar, all I saw was the nice clean counter behind the bar, spotless! Your kitchen looked beautiful!
That is so funny! I don't have a bar, but I know about those dang "clutter spots" They are too easy to leave stuff on, and a pain to clean!!
-PS, Thanks for your suggestion! I have tried plain templates, professional templates, everything! Nothing has worked for the fonts or HTML format problem. However, This new layout problem could very well be a mistake I made, so I'm going to play around to try to fix it, but argg, just the same.
Amen! I loathe that! We have the island...which I love because of the extra counter space when I'm cooking or doing dishes, but which also means more room to pile on a big mess! The most frustrasting moments are when I just finish cleaning it off and Ian walks in and unloads all of his stuff on it! That's also where Emma does her homework, so there's usually a backpack, folder, and book somewhere on it by the end of the day. I think we are just doomed to be frustrated.
If you cut of your bar..I'm sure it will just end up somewhere else. I don't have one, and there's always stuff on our table and in our living room.. ahh..I hate that kind of mess!
Well, my dumping ground is also in the kitchen with school stuff, mail and who knows what. I love it. I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet cause I don't know if I can put my life on hold yet.
Carrie,
Loved the post! You & I have talked about the whole breakfast bar thing. I hate mine too. I clean it off everyday and by the end of the day . . . . it's cluttered again!
I laughed cause I'm sure you could have had it cleaned off in less time then it took to blog about it. But hey, where is the humor in that? Then it would be just a typical day!
I told you about our 91 jars of peaches. I decided I was too tired to do pears since I have too much to do. I only have 3 1/2 weeks left. However, Tammy called yesterday and a friend was going to get some. I'd told myself if Tammy called I might change my mind. :-) Thus, I have a busshel of pears I need to do now! Tammy said I can drop them off at her house on the way to the hospital if I go into LABOR! Nice friend, eh??
Gabrielle
Ok fine Gabrielle... I confess. I snapped the pictures, cleaned up the mess and then blogged about it the next day when I didn't have so much to do. You were right, the blog post was much longer to post than the mess was to clean up! Hee hee.
I love it Carrie. I don't have a bar but I have an equal sized mess in my kitchen. I wish I had learned what my parents tried to teach me so many times "Put it away the FIRST time." But alas, I have not... I am an uncurable pile person.
this is hysterical! so relatable! love the peek into everyday life at your house - you are so awesome, carrie!
Yep, mine is the same! It's such a battle to keep clutter from just piling up on that bar area, and I find the most random things there too! How in the world do people keep those things clutter-free???
Post a Comment