I am anxious. On the edge of my seat. Clenching my hands. Holding my breath. Counting the seconds. Shouting at the tv (which in our house is typically a 'Tyler' activity).
I love watching the Olympics, even if I get more emotional than should be considered normal by mental health professionals. Every two years, I fall in love, in love with the world we live in. In love with the country I was born to. In love with the excitement of it all. In love with the sheer adrenaline I feel just watching that world record line fade further and further behind the leader.
And I love the athletes. I love the tears after winning a gold in fencing. I love the trash talk. I even love the forgone conclusions (Michael Phelps, anyone?). I love rooting for my team. And I love the success stories, even if they aren't from the same spot on the map as me. (how can you NOT be impressed by those Chinese men gymnasts? HELLO!)
And I love the commercials.
because who doesn't need a reminder that there are exceptional people in this world?
I love watching the Olympics, even if I get more emotional than should be considered normal by mental health professionals. Every two years, I fall in love, in love with the world we live in. In love with the country I was born to. In love with the excitement of it all. In love with the sheer adrenaline I feel just watching that world record line fade further and further behind the leader.
And I love the athletes. I love the tears after winning a gold in fencing. I love the trash talk. I even love the forgone conclusions (Michael Phelps, anyone?). I love rooting for my team. And I love the success stories, even if they aren't from the same spot on the map as me. (how can you NOT be impressed by those Chinese men gymnasts? HELLO!)
And I love the commercials.
because who doesn't need a reminder that there are exceptional people in this world?
What's your favorite part of the Olympics?




11 comments:
See my blog for my favorite part so far.
I am sooo loving the olympics this year. I feel a little guilty having the TV on all the time...but what the heck, once every 4 years is ok. Steven loves that song on the Nike commercial, so needless to say I am sick of hearing it. The visa commercials have been EXCELLENT!
Carrie, I stopped in to see what you'd thought of the last Twilight book, wondering if you hated it like half of Steph Meyer's readers, or devoured it with joyous glee like the other half. Sadly, you have no comment.
My olympic experience has been limited to watching replays online as we don't have TV. I do frequently keep tabs on the medal count. I just want to see gold USofA win more than anyone else. But this Olympics has been quite sad with the war that broke out on the first day and has only just appeared to be on the horizon of a conclusion. And with everything coming out every other day about what China is doing to put on a perfect picture of serenity in their homeland, it's not hard to see why so many Chinese are unhappy. Enough downers, GO USA!
IT'S AWESOME what the human body can do! (well I wish mine could do all that). I LOVE the gymnastics (men and women) swimming (of course Mike P and that AWESOME relay finish with Leazak) I even like the synchronized diving. How the heck do you train your body to do something like that, especially at the same EXACT time as someone else.
I agree too, I like the commercials and all the GLITZ! GO WORLD!!!
I'm loving the swimming and gymnastics. Do you ilkhveujhave my new blog address?
Girl, I love the Olympics too! I LOVE to watch gymnastics and the women's all-around last night was SO amazing. I'm having a great time watching it!!!
I love the gymnastics... and I always love watching the track events... especially the hurdles!
I have just been GLUED to my couch for the past week, watching the Olympics! I'm loving it all, but am very impressed with the Chinese winning so many medals in their country. I have to admit, I'm a TOTAL Phelp's Fan!!! 8 GOLDS!!!!
staying up late in bed watching it all. Just makes me wish i were that good at something. But then i remember that I am an awesome mom, shouldn't that be an olympic sport, sure feels like it.
I'm like Jacob as far as not having tv and needing to catch stuff online. I have to say I was so taken off gaurd by that second commercial. I burst into tears and it took me a minute to calm down to be able to call my husband to have him look it up at work. I feel like I've really missed something this year not having the Olympics on in my house. We'll do it for the next one. I think my girls need to see them too.
I love them too! That commercial about Derrick was one of my favorites.
Post a Comment