Friday, May 8, 2009

Lainey finally lost her first tooth.

It was hanging on by a thread but she wouldn't let us pull it and she wouldn't do anything more than wiggle it. It would occassionally get stuck sideways and she'd have a minor panic attack, but always righted it after a few deep breaths.

Today it came out.

So what is the first thing she does?? She checks out her new smile in the bathroom, of course! Then she runs to Mommy and Daddy's bathroom. To check out her smile in another mirror? No. She said, and I quote, "I wanna see how big I am now."(by weighing herself)

I smiled.

Then she promptly attempted whistling and was delighted to find that it is much easier with a tooth missing.

3 comments:

Shannon B said...

WOW...she beat Syd. Sydnie only has one BEARLY loose tooth. She wiggles it everyday to "make it more lose" but it's not doing much. That is cool Lainey! Is the tooth fairy on her way??

Katie staten said...

How fun. I think it's hilarious that some kids are so scared of losing their teeth (mine being one of them- he wouldn't let us touch it without major drama.
You'll have to let us know what the going rate for the Tooth Fairy is out there. It's pricey here.

jeanine said...

Congrats Lainey! So much fun!