Friday, February 26, 2010

Incubating

I love being pregnant. Really. Some women think I'm crazy, but I do. Love it. Sure, the first 3 months aren't really a picnic, but the rest of it more than makes up for it. I don't get pelvic pressure, don't wake up to pee often, my sciatic nerve is an occasional annoyance, but not painful. When I hit 14ish weeks and started feeling the baby move, I was in HEAVEN! At one point I even started feeling bad that Tyler didn't get to be pregnant and feel what I got to feel every day, every hour. I think about being a surrogate a lot- that's how much I love being pregnant. I would be a surrogate if it weren't for our infertility issues that would probably disqualify me from doing it and the whole having to gain weight part (because losing weight, I know well, isn't a picnic). My doctor thinks I'm crazy because I keep telling him I WANT a late baby. We've even argued over my due date because I wanted it to be later. I'm a very unique OB patient. Love big, healthy, very full term babies. Pregnancy, for me, is simply divine.


Me at almost 29 weeks... Before you go judging my hugeness (and it is huge) let's remember a few things. #1. This is baby #3. I'm allowed to be ginormous. #2. My doctor is perfectly satisfied that I haven't gained too much weight. In fact, he says I've only gained 17 big ones. #3. Whatever, okay? I need to get over my hugeness more than you. I'm well aware that although I love pregnancy, I'm not thrilled with how I wear it.


Now that you firmly understand my love of gestation, I have to say, if I drop one more thing I'm going to scream! Yesterday I dropped a plastic container of freezer jam. Strawberry jam EVERYWHERE! Today, a home canned jar of peaches strewn across the clean (MOPPED!!!) kitchen floor. Tyler kindly cleaned it up for me, but alas, the floor is still horribly sticky, which means I'll be mopping the floor for the second time this week as soon as I step away from the computer. The other day I dropped a piece of garbage while I was bending over to open the cupboard with the trash can. Instinctively, I used one hand to pick up what I dropped and the other to finish my task (opening the cupboard) resulting in a whack to the face with the corner of the cupboard door. So if you see me around the 'Burg, yes, that is a purple bruise on my face, and, no, my husband doesn't hit me in the face, I do it to myself. All because I just can't keep anything in my hot little hand! Gggrrr.


And I am so very tired of pregnant dreams. I wake up every morning in the worst mood. I'm either depressed or angry because of whatever was floating in my head while I snoozed. Today I was very near tears 5 minutes after I woke up, and I knew it was mostly because of a dream I had that I couldn't remember, but I couldn't shake this sadness. Hormones + wacky dreams = nutso me!!! And you would think that my beautiful new duvet (find it here) would entice only beautiful, peaceful dreaming, wouldn't you? But such is not the case. (hubs came through in a big way for V-day, didn't he??? I guess all my not-so-subtle hints did the trick!) Any tips about the dreams, moms who know?


Maybe these scones I'm making this afternoon will help. I'll let you know. They have a pound of butter, so we're pretty sure they're going to taste delish, right?


And regardless of my rant, I really do love being pregnant. A lot. Have I said it enough? These minor complaints DO NOT over shadow my love for pregnancy.






And Gabrielle,

I know you are half way across the world,

but when you get home,

I just want you to know,

this was all for YOU!

Happy late birthday!

19 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

You look great!!! Tiny! I know I know, you probably feel huge (as do I right now) but you do look hot!! But you are crazy how much you like pregnancy! I don't dislike it, but I don't love it. I can't wait to have my body back to myself and be able to move like I use to instead of waddle! And I hear ya about bending over. It's the worst and gets more and more pathedic as the weeks go on. I never thought tying my shoes would be such a chore! Congrats and hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great!!

Katie The Lady said...

You know, after the morning sickness finally goes away, I love being pregnant too! Not so much that I want a late baby (you're crazy), but I love to wear maternity clothes, to have the belly, to gain the weight, and to feel every movement from the baby. I'm not quite there yet, but hopefully in a week or two I'll be in preggie bliss!

And I was going to comment on how tiny you look! You are not giant at all!! I love your picture! And I love your duvet! You need to start writing more often again- I miss all your posts!

Laurie said...

I'm proud that Brady is throwing some kind of gang sign in that photo. Way to go man, keep up the street cred.

Shannon B said...

You are NOT huge. In fact you look smaller than me and I am 2 months behind. You look adorable! I have those weird dream too. Oh my, I dream of people dyeing, Aaron cheating on me, plane crashes etc. and I don't know why. Sometimes I get a happy one though so that is good. Dang hormones. Ummm, save me a scone. YUM!

lori said...

So glad for your #3 on the way!!!!!

jeanine said...

OKay... I'm glad I"m not the only crazy person who loves being pregnant. All the ladies I know complain about it... and I just don't say anything (mostly because I have pretty easy pregnancies). You are looking GREAT! Love you!

Megan said...

Cute!!! You look great! When I read your post and you said something about feeling the baby move around 14 weeks, it occured to me that I had been feeling that for the past couple days! I thought it was too early, so I dismissed it as tummy grumbles! Now I know! ;)

I'm just squeezing into the end of my clothes that aren't maternity. All my old stuff is size L, so nothing fits right now!

I don't like to be pregnant - I hate it. My pregnancies are too stressful for me. So it was fun to read your post and hear all the good stuff about it! We like to cook our babies longer too- but not too long that I'll push back my due date - you funny girl!

Camey said...

I agree you look amazing! I think you look amazing! I think you are amazing that you want to have h ebbay stay in. All I can think about is meeting the baby. I am 5 weeks and I can hardly wait to know what it is and what I am having. Anyhow, I love reading your blog. Since you don't know what you are having are you just going to have it be a suprise? I would die!

Carrie said...

Jeanine- Totally know what you mean about not knowing what to say when everyone else complains... I get why they don't like, I just don't have the same experience!

Adrienne, you are HALF the size I am, but thanks for saying I look great. And its not just the bending over. That part is okay still. I seriously can't hold onto ANYTHING. Dropping things is a recorded symptom of pregnancy... but maybe thats just because we pay more attention to dropping things because we have to bend over...

Megan- I had some 'transition' clothes from after I lost about 50 of my 95 lbs, and I got to wear them all again! It was kismet! It was so nice to have regular clothes before I started wearing maternity ones. I didn't know you had stressful pregnancies... I know that Porter's would've been stressful and that you had to take progesterone this time, but hope everything is going okay now!!!

Becky said...

I am so happy for you. I am glad that you love being pregnant. I surely did not. My sickness never went away. And I was 6 days over. Being overdue is not fun. Wait until you get there. I now have the most awesome little guy and it was all worth it. Plus my big kids. You look fabulous. Good luck with the end of your pregnancy.

Carrie said...

Becky, Lainey was a week late, Brady 3 days. Love my late babies!

Megan said...

Carrie - I didn't buy transition clothes - just one pair of jeans and that's it! Those are getting a little tight, but I can fit into some of my skirts....

Porter's pregnancy was stressful which dominoes to the rest of them. Katie had issues at the end and I had to be induced within 72 hours - my placenta died early and she was losing weight, etc. (Which can now happen earlier with each pregnancy) Then the miscarriages, and I'm always having to watch my sugar since I'm 1-2 points away from having gestational diabetes.

I'm always stressed before each dr appt cuz I never know what I'm going to hear! Last time it was that I have an A-antibody, and I'm not sure what that means exactly, but he noted it on my chart!

James gave me a beautiful blessing this time, and that eased some of my worry, and your post helped me too just remember to enjoy it!

Steven said...

Carrie, you look sssooooo fabulous. That is a very good present for Gabrielle, I don't know how many times she has said to me "I wish Carrie would post some pictures of her pregnant and I want to see that duvet" Hallelujah!

Michal Thompson said...

You look great! I would win the ginormous contest! Being pregnant has it's perks for sure. Right now, I not leaning as far to the "happy to be prego" side.

Anonymous said...

I'm 1/2 way around the world and reading your post. You look WAY BEAUTIFUL! I have no idea what you were worried about. I love the duvet cover. I've been chatting w/Tyler via facebook! We're swapping Germany stories. I've been thinking of you since we'd talked about Canada and I'm here instead. I LOVE how you LOVE being pregnant. I felt that way a lot with pregnancy #1! Can't wait to see you. Save us a meal in April so the old crew can go out. We will get to see you before the baby comes!

Ended up having an awesome birthday. Jayson planned a surprise get together with a few people.

Gabrielle

Anonymous said...

I'm 1/2 way around the world and reading your post. You look WAY BEAUTIFUL! I have no idea what you were worried about. I love the duvet cover. I've been chatting w/Tyler via facebook! We're swapping Germany stories. I've been thinking of you since we'd talked about Canada and I'm here instead. I LOVE how you LOVE being pregnant. I felt that way a lot with pregnancy #1! Can't wait to see you. Save us a meal in April so the old crew can go out. We will get to see you before the baby comes!

Ended up having an awesome birthday. Jayson planned a surprise get together with a few people.

Gabrielle

Melissa said...

You look beautiful!! Just the right size, and glowing! Wish I could see you in person! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with your pregnancy, well minus your dropping issues.

Brittaney said...

You look gorgeous!!! I am so happy to hear that you are enjoying your pregnancy.

Ryan and Andrea said...

You look GREAT! Hardly prego at all! I am glad somebody likes being prego 'cause I can't stand it. I am so excited for you guys! Do you know what it is yet? Maybe I need to go back & read more posts, ha ha!