Thursday, November 19, 2009

If you know us, you'll get it...

"Everywhere in nature we are taught the lessons of patience and waiting. We want things a long time before we get them, and the fact that we want them a long time makes them all the more precious when they come."


Joseph F Smith









Joseph F. Smith's words are how I feel about ALL my babies, but this next one especially! A little over 2 years ago, my doctor told me that I wouldn't get help getting pregnant (like I had with Brady) unless I first lost some weight. A few months of grumbling, a move, 95 lbs lost, and a miscarriage later, we are more excited than words to be expecting baby #3! I don't say all this to have anyone feel bad for me, but to help you all feel a little bit of our immense and indescribable joy and happiness!!! I feel a little guilty that I got the blessing I'd been praying for when I know of so many yet unanswered prayers. If I've learned anything from our 'wait' and months of 'trying' its that our lives are in the Lord's hands and I don't want to be anywhere else.

So baby #3 is due May 18th and is cookin along nicely. The kids are excited. Lainey gets it a bit better than Brady, obviously, and is really hoping for a sister. (me too!) We'll see!

28 comments:

Shannon B said...

She/He looks just like Tyler! ;0)! CONGRATS to the Miller fam!! We are ecstatic for you. Love that quote by JFS. Lots of love!!!!

Becca said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you!!! I just have chills and tears knowing how much you have wanted this, how hard it has been, and how happy you must be. I just am overcome with joy for you. Love ya tons

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Very Excited for you guys!!

Kim said...

Congratulations! We too are learning about patience and waiting, so we can understand a little bit about what you went through! We're so happy for you guys!

Megan said...

YAY!!!!! So excited for Baby Miller #3. Congratulations!!!

me said...

Congrats! I like your Blog!

Beki said...

Congratulations!!! Hope the pregnancy is not rough and all goes well. Hi from Maryland!!!

Katie staten said...

Hooray for the Millers! What a great blessing to post about at Thanksgiving time. Hope it is a good pregnancy.

Nycole said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you!!!

Katie The Lady said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations!!!

I never knew you needed help getting pregnant before, or that you had a miscarraige. I had one almost 2 years ago and still haven't been able to get pregnant, but instead of freaking out every time I get my period, I'm finding that I'm OK with just 2. It took a long time to not be negative about that loss, but I can't force my body to get pregnant, and I've come to terms with possibly not having anymore- Michael doesn't want any more at all, so I can't talk to him about it. But I keep trying each month, and with each negative pregancy test, I think how great it is that I don't have to do all the baby stuff again-hahaha!

Sorry, I turned this into something about me- I am so happy for you and #3!!!! I hope I am as excited and thrilled as you are, if I get to someday announce my #3!!! I hope this pregnancy is calm and great for you, and I can't wait to see preggie pics!!

Anonymous said...

Wahooo!!! I'm so super happy for you!!! Its been a long road. I pray everything goes well for you. Hold on, #3 is an adventure. Lucky for you Lainey will be in school. Give my "way to go MAN" to Tyler. ~Tammy

Adrienne & Scott said...

How exciting!! I'm so happy for you! And our kids will only be a few weeks apart!! I totally agree with the quote too! I think since we're (me and Scott) "older" and having kids it has really taught me a lot and will definitely make me appreciate my kids that much more! Good luck and hope you're feeling well!!

Emily and Nathan said...

Congratulations!!! That is so great, I am so glad we are neighbors now so I can help with anything you will need.

jeanine said...

As soon as I read the quote I got it! YEA!!!! Congrats!
And May 18 is a mighty fine day... it's Alexander's birthday :)

Anonymous said...

congratulations! that is so exciting

Jaime said...

Congrats Carrie girl!!!

Michal Thompson said...

Hurray,I knew this is what you were hoping for. I am am just glad this process has brought so much more into your life.

Brittaney said...

Congrats!!! I know how long you have wanted this for...I hope everything goes smooth. It's cute that Lainey wants a sister!

TheFischerFam said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats!

lori said...

Oh, I'm so glad!! SO SO glad! Lucy was born on May 18 =)

Sure love you!

Ryan and Andrea said...

Holy Crow! Congrats! I am waaaay excited for you! I am also impressed w/the 95 lbs. I have lost 15-you are my inspiration!

Dunbabin said...

First of all, congrats to you! I am so extremely happy for you. I love the quote from Joseph F. Smith. It is so true. Those things that we have to wait for become so much more dear and precious. I too had to wait and be patient for our second child. There were many tearful nights waiting and longing. How deeply I love my little girl I had to wait for.

Lore Smart said...

Wow, how amazingly exciting for your family! What a neat time and especially being pregnant during the Christmas season. What an awesome gift!

Karen said...

Yay Carrie! I'm so excited for you! How cool is that? I'm just so excited I can hardly stand it! Congratulations Cousin Tyler!!!!

Tanya said...

That is so awesome! Congrats!

Travis, Natalie & Malia said...

Never feel bad about an answered prayer. It just gives hope to others who are still praying!

Julie said...

Carrie- I just saw something about a different Miller family, and it made me think of you, so I headed back over here to your blog (I've been delinquent for awhile).

Congratulations! We just had our third boy in November. Life is great.

I'm so impressed with all you're doing! I can't wait for the recipe blog!

Camey said...

Now I see I missed the annoucement! How exciting! We have been trying for a year now, you should read my blog sometime and you can read my story, you would probably relate. It is so great for you after waiting! Also that you are so tiny. I am still trying to lose my 15lbs! My doctor has never said that was a factor, but I still need to lose 15!