I've committed to blogging about our lives before this day is through. (read: This post will be boring. Proceed at your own risk.)
But I don't really know where to start because I've missed blogging about SO much lately.
I guess I could tell you about our fun trip to Spokane in February/March. We got to go hang out with family which is always fun. We celebrated a birthday with an adorable cousin/niece. I went shopping like a mad woman, was introduced to the glories of such retail divinity as DownEast Basics and Spokane Discount. I even got to see some girls from high school. It's so funny how we all 'grow up', but are really mostly the same... I think. The highlight of my trip (and could be a whole blog post in and of itself) was going to the Spokane Temple for the first time since my WEDDING! It's the temple that I watched be built. It's the temple where I dusted the molding, took nonmembers to the open house and ushered at the dedication. It's the temple where I went the first time and where I was sealed to my sweet husband for time and all eternity. The only thing that might have made it better would have been if Tyler had made the trip with me.
I could also tell you that sometime in the weeks of my slacker blogging I lost more weight. My grand total is now 90 pounds. And I'm done. Just in maintenance mode now. Trying to figure out a good balance in this post-weight loss life of mine.
I know you'd all be proud of my attempts at domestication. Been branching out in the kitchen. I've made homemade whole wheat bread (that is to die for, YUM), homemade pesto, hummus, cakes, cookies, and entrees from a gaggle of sites. I've discovered that I enjoy cooking, who knew?
We also took a trip to Boise for Conference Weekend to see family and friends. A girls night, a family dinner, and a conference brunch. We had such a fun weekend! Here's a pic of me and my girls! I love them. Some day I'll find words to tell you all what amazing women these girls are and how they are the PERFECT friends.
We also moved, but you knew that. We've been settling in nicely, but doing so has definitely taken some of our spare moments. And I must say we are loving living across the street from a school and a short walk from the City park. We go at least a few times a week to play. And when it's too cold to play outside, Lainey, Brady, and I have been enjoying some pretty rockin' dance parties in our family room, courtesy of nickjr.com's NickJr Radio with songs from all our favorite shows.
We registered for kindergarten... and Mom accidentally brought the wrong birth certificate. Oops! All I had to do was bring the kid, her birth certificate, and shot record. This school thing is already too complicated for me. What's a mother to do?
We had a lovely Easter with all the traditional traditions. Egg dying, egg hunt, new church clothes. The Bunny even brought gifts this year instead of just treats because she was so tired of telling herself she couldn't spoil her kids, so she decided Easter was a good excuse to do so, thank you very much.
And with all this that's happened (of which I have ZERO pictures), the next few weeks are going to be just as fun. We've got a hot date on Saturday to a formal hospital foundation dinner. And we're looking forward to a trip at the end of the month. And then I get to hit the road with my mom to spend a weekend at Women's Conference without any kiddos!!! And then Brady's birthday is the week after and with it comes my commitment to potty train. I'm sure you'll hear more about that one. As a mother, I've failed miserably to deliver a fun birthday for my boy, but I'm determined to make this one great! And then we'll bring on the underpants!
And before you know it, it'll be summer and we'll be busy enjoying that, too!
5 months ago




9 comments:
Look at you miss skinny thing. It sounds like everything is going really well for you! I am still mad at you for moving, but things always work out the way they should. Have a fun spring!
I'm excited about all the fun things you have to look forward too! Can't wait to see a picture of you in your formal. Thanks for being there to lift me up!
Gabrielle
Wow, you must just be skin and bones now :) I really am so impressed. I lost my 20 and then stopped. Now, I'm on the band wagon again. I'm still determined to do it. Your amazing!!!
Hey Carrie . . . did you notice we are lined up by height?? Never realized Tammy was so tall and well I've never thought of myself as short.
Gabrielle
a) You are SMOKIN (via that picture)
b) Got my Women's Conference ticket in the mail yesterday, I'm STOKED! Gonna be a party.
90 lbs...that's awesome. Yay! Okay, so I"m not really liking the finding the ENTIRE new wardrobe thing. I'm not there yet, just had to buy some CHEAP in between clothes, but I don't know how to shop for a thinner body, so it's bene a little frustrating. And I even like to shop! ;) I think I'll need a whole day of it when I"m all done - no kids, just me and the mall.
Okay so it is Camey again! I really wish you would e-mail me! I want to hear about how you lost all your weight? I seem to be having hard time. I have a REALLY slow metabolism and I hate it! You look great! As small as you were in highschool. That is what i really want for myself. Also can I get your recipe for your homemade wheat bread? If you don't remember I could send you a picture! I cheered with you! Do you live in Utah now? I have a blog as well. I could send you an invite! Please write- camgirl_8@msn.com
Wow... sounds like you've been super busy! I go to register William next week for pre-k. I'll have to make sure I bring the right birth certificate :)
life just never is slow for you! You do a great job of juggling everything. So why are you where you are now? Job?
Post a Comment